• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are orders with Appearance Package or Handling Package being delayed/held?

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Usually if parts are unavailable or there are certain constraints to complete a build the dealer is notified and you should be contacted to see if you want to change your build to keep it on track or keep it as is and wait.
I have a GT Premium 10SPD Auto with 401A, GT Performance Pack, Nite Pony package, Active Exhaust and Recaro Seats on order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I contacted my dealer, he hasn't received anything at all yet. So if those emails and Facebook posts are real, it must be regional and only impacting some people/orders.

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
You won’t get VIN or anything until it’s set up for production.
I'm not peeved by the lack of VIN but seeing others have spec and price sheet printouts makes me wonder if I'm missing something on my order. Np probably just farther back in line

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm not peeved by the lack of VIN but seeing others have spec and price sheet printouts makes me wonder if I'm missing something on my order. Np probably just farther back in line
If your talking about the order previews, we're getting those from the dealer not the Ford site. Did your dealer give you any documentation?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I emailed dealer after getting Ford email requesting they send me the order spec sheet along with signature indicating MSRP + ttl.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford certainly does have supply issues. Last year when I bought my Timberline, it had paint issues from the plant. They dealer took it in and had it a month, as they broke the front door handle cable assembly. The part was on back order for three weeks.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Not sure about being able to place a new order, but existing orders are certainly constrained by HP and AP. My dealer called me this afternoon and said Ford was ready to build one of their DH allocations as long as no HP, AP, or Stripe. Told her I'd be happy to wait. Maybe the person who nabbed the dealership's other allocation went with it (he only had to get rid of the Stripe).

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Not sure about being able to place a new order, but existing orders are certainly constrained by HP and AP. My dealer called me this afternoon and said Ford was ready to build one of their DH allocations as long as no HP, AP, or Stripe. Told her I'd be happy to wait. Maybe the person who nabbed the dealership's other allocation went with it (he only had to get rid of the Stripe).
I got the same call today. They could pull mine if I dropped HP. I said no, crossing my fingers. They mentioned painted stripe, HP, AP as constraints.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I got the same call today. They could pull mine if I dropped HP. I said no, crossing my fingers. They mentioned painted stripe, HP, AP as constraints.
That's 2 of us confirming movement on DH. Albeit with constraints for the good stuff.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
That's 2 of us confirming movement on DH. Albeit with constraints for the good stuff.
Agreed, I have a good feeling for DH scheduling in June for August build dates. My dealer was pretty confident if I removed it, It would be August.

At least they are moving, he said I would be 1st in line again when HP constraint drops.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Got a call today also. I ordered a GT 10 weeks ago today. He said they got a new allocation for a DH but no AP, or HP if I was interested. He said he was going to order it for the lot if not. So I told him if he would order it like my GT I might be interested. He ordered it and put my name on it. Got the email from ford. Now we will wait to see which one gets picked up first. Will sell it to me for invoice just like my GT.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer called me this afternoon and said Ford was ready to build one of their DH allocations as long as no HP, AP, or Stripe. Told her I'd be happy to wait. Maybe the person who nabbed the dealership's other allocation went with it (he only had to get rid of the Stripe).
If it weren't for the highly positive IRL feedback on Blue Ember, I was so close to updating my order to be Race Red instead.... If my dealer called me and said I'd be scheduled if I dropped AP and HP, I might consider it...

I don't plan to track the car, so HP is probably overkill for me. I can get my roof wrapped black, which is honestly a better choice than black painted roof anyways. And I can probably rely on the aftermarket for an identical chin spoiler, gurney flap, fender flares, and wheels to at least replicate the appearance of an HP for wayyyyy less.

The one other big unknown for me is the interior. It seems like all DH interiors will be blue indigo/blue stitching, and without the AP I'll be left with blue accents for interior. Just wouldn't match well IMO for a Race Red car.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If it weren't for the highly positive IRL feedback on Blue Ember, I was so close to updating my order to be Race Red instead.... If my dealer called me and said I'd be scheduled if I dropped AP and HP, I might consider it...

I don't plan to track the car, so HP is probably overkill for me. I can get my roof wrapped black, which is honestly a better choice than black painted roof anyways. And I can probably rely on the aftermarket for an identical chin spoiler, gurney flap, fender flares, and wheels to at least replicate the appearance of an HP for wayyyyy less.

The one other big unknown for me is the interior. It seems like all DH interiors will be blue indigo/blue stitching, and without the AP I'll be left with blue accents for interior. Just wouldn't match well IMO for a Race Red car.
You may get the call, I did asking me to drop HP for imminent scheduling, I declined.

The interior is different between the AP and normal Premium. The AP has the blue inserts and much more blue on the seats. The regular premium is black with blue stitching. This has been confirmed by Roket.

It was tempting for me to remove the HP and get one of the first Dark Horse builds I have seen in the US on here....but in the end, I would only be first once, I would not have the Handling Pack forever...and the HP is awesome. That's what I'm telling myself anyway haha, can't go wrong either way. Good luck!

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I’m 1st on the list for darkhorse at my dealership and I had to pass on two allocations already because handling pack and appearance pack aren’t available

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you guys from that passed on the build allocations, without AP HP? I'm first at my dealership of two order allocations and haven't heard anything from them about compromising for my order.
Sponsored