• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Orders being chosen

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Does anyone know if specific Ford dealers are given priority on orders placed, or is it genuinely random how orders are picked to fulfill? I'm seeing certain people with identical orders get their orders picked quite quickly and some waiting for quite some time.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know if specific Ford dealers are given priority on orders placed, or is it genuinely random how orders are picked to fulfill? I'm seeing certain people with identical orders get their orders picked quite quickly and some waiting for quite some time.
Your guess is as good as ours...

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
From what I been told from a dealer Is that ford picks them randomly and if they can build it itā€™s good to go.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Anybody see this weeks scheduling?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Does anyone know if specific Ford dealers are given priority on orders placed, or is it genuinely random how orders are picked to fulfill?
Here and on-line you can read up on the allocation process. Dealers are gifted allocations based on previous sales. Those who've sold the most cars get the most slots.

Every few weeks, if not every week, each dealer meets with their regional rep, to discuss anything having to do with car sales.

How regional reps and Ford select those orders to be built remains a mystery. But at least a few factors I can think of: 1) A dealer sitting on a lot of allocations, a lot of orders, is probably going to be looked at first. Not every time, but I'd think they'd have a bit more weight. 2) Even if Ford looks at the order, they might be under parts constraints for that build at the time. 3) Some dealers/local reps might not be well-versed in all the ins and outs of allocations, orders, etc., and how to work with their rep.

Not to make lite of anyones' concerns, but for the last 3+ years, waiting several months was not unheard of. Everyone should get the initial e-mail, acknowledging receipt of the order. Afterwards, things could move quickly or take a long pause.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Not to make lite of anyones' concerns, but for the last 3+ years, waiting several months was not unheard of. Everyone should get the initial e-mail, acknowledging receipt of the order. Afterwards, things could move quickly or take a long pause.
I agree, especially on lower volume more limited models, and the wait times I have seen include a year or more, and I have seen many orders get rolled to the next year or canceled altogether. Not ideal, but it does happen. I don't see this happening with GT orders, but DH orders are looking to be in for a long wait.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I agree, especially on lower volume more limited models, and the wait times I have seen include a year or more, and I have seen many orders get rolled to the next year or canceled altogether. Not ideal, but it does happen. I don't see this happening with GT orders, but DH orders are looking to be in for a long wait.
To your point the wait for DH could be the whole model year. But since they limited allocations from the very start, I doubt there will be a need to rollover or cancel any current DH orders made against a dealer's allocation. Dumber things can happen though and I've been proven ignorant before

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
To your point the wait for DH could be the whole model year. But since they limited allocations from the very start, I doubt there will be a need to rollover or cancel any current DH orders made against a dealer's allocation. Dumber things can happen though and I've been proven ignorant before
I agree, as long as the dealer doesnt take more orders than they were told their estimated allocation numbers were. I have heard a dealer directly say publicly that they do take more in hopes to get more delivered, and it can cause cancelations.

My concern is if a dealer has 1 allocation for the year, and 2 people order through that dealer, depending on constraints, the second in line gets pulled first, and the first customer gets rolled or canceled.

Also, there were cases of Mach 1 orders not being fulfilled in the MY early on. Hope none of this happens, but there is a chance.

OP
OP
SWPHX

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah, I have an order for a GT Prem with 401A and Active Exhaust so Iā€™m hoping it wonā€™t be too much of a delayā€¦! Fingers Crossed!!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I agree, as long as the dealer doesnt take more orders than they were told their estimated allocation numbers were. I have heard a dealer directly say publicly that they do take more in hopes to get more delivered, and it can cause cancelations.

My concern is if a dealer has 1 allocation for the year, and 2 people order through that dealer, depending on constraints, the second in line gets pulled first, and the first customer gets rolled or canceled.

Also, there were cases of Mach 1 orders not being fulfilled in the MY early on. Hope none of this happens, but there is a chance.
Definitely some caveat emptor involved. My small dealer received 2 allocations. Not sure if they've over sold those, but they were good to make sure I was first one contacted when the question about omitting AP and HP came up.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Yeah, I have an order for a GT Prem with 401A and Active Exhaust so Iā€™m hoping it wonā€™t be too much of a delayā€¦! Fingers Crossed!!
My order is for a GT, premium convertible, manual, active exhaust, 401A, And performance package. I have had my order in since June 7 of course the dealership had the wrong order number down, So I got that fixed yesterday. I called Ford today to see if they had any idea on when I would be getting a Vin number, she said it shouldnā€™t be too much longer. She can see that there were some activity in the last 48 hours. Itā€™s too bad I canā€™t see the activity L O L.

OP
OP
SWPHX

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Hopefully they get you moving pretty quick, being that we had the same exact packages just that you have the convertible I donā€™t see why it shouldnā€™t . My Mustang is scheduled for build Saturday.
Sponsored