• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Factory Orders Odometer Reading

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
tell them to click on the search bar in FMCDealer, type in "vinview" (be sure to clarify all one word), and tell them to click on the result that says "vinview tool". from there they can look up your order by VIN or order number. if you want text or email updates on your vehicle, also tell them that while the tracker is up, to click on the blue "actions" button, click "alert me", and enter your email and/or phone number
Alright I'll try that
Sponsored

All Terrain NAtion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
12 miles on ours but it’s not unusual for cars to have 50-60 miles on them. The factory will get word of a rattle or other issues in the manufacturing process and has a track with bumps and turns to look for production issues.

No one is joy riding these cars

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have heard stories of dealers letting customer who walk in from off the street test drive special orders.

Yes, it's a massive liability risk on their part to do so and it is extremely rare, but it has happened and it is a possibility.

Because the truth is, as long as you haven't signed a purchase agreement or put down a deposit, they could in theory sell the car from up under you to the highest bidder (as unethical as it might be).

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Believe whatever and live in ignorance if you want. I frankly couldn't care less.

For other folks who see this thread and have an open mind about the subject, I'm actually reading about this exact thing happening with someone's Mustang custom order on Reddit.

The long and short of it is never put doing shady stuff past people when money's involved.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here's what i did last time and i'll do again this time.

I instructed the salesman to let me know the moment the car arrives.

When he lets me know it's in, I ask him to send me a picture of the odometer.

Then, on pickup day, I compare... If there's a huge difference, they better have a good reason.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Here's what i did last time and i'll do again this time.

I instructed the salesman to let me know the moment the car arrives.

When he lets me know it's in, I ask him to send me a picture of the odometer.

Then, on pickup day, I compare... If there's a huge difference, they better have a good reason.
I requested the same thing. I also did a pre-buy with a large deposit and they have the confirmation email of my pre-approved loan. Salesman is supposed to video car coming off the truck and get pic of odometer. Undo will be out of town when the car gets delivered. I also requested to leave the plastic on the seats and the window sticker in place and for them not to detail the car because it would be a waste of money because it will be going for paint correction, ceramic coating and a detail. We’ll see how well they listen.

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
WOT (Wide Open Throttle) during the break in period is not the end of the world. You do want to limit it because the piston rings are not fully seated so you get a lot of unburned gas and contaminates pushed through to the oil. If you are concerned about your car being driven hard, I would do an oil change at 1000 miles to make sure there is no gas contaminated oil that will affect the rod and main bearings in the engine.

When I raced the compression rings on the race engines, were very thin so they broke in fast and sealed up quick. They also only lasted a few hours of operation, but everything is a tradeoff. I would be more concerned with a Turbo Engine that has been driven hard because of the cylinder pressure forcing more contaminates past the rings.

Hope this helps to ease your mind, it should be just fine. One other good thing is it is warm out still and flooring a 32 Deg engine is not a good thing in my opinion.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
WOT (Wide Open Throttle) during the break in period is not the end of the world. You do want to limit it because the piston rings are not fully seated so you get a lot of unburned gas and contaminates pushed through to the oil. If you are concerned about your car being driven hard, I would do an oil change at 1000 miles to make sure there is no gas contaminated oil that will affect the rod and main bearings in the engine.

When I raced the compression rings on the race engines, were very thin so they broke in fast and sealed up quick. They also only lasted a few hours of operation, but everything is a tradeoff. I would be more concerned with a Turbo Engine that has been driven hard because of the cylinder pressure forcing more contaminates past the rings.

Hope this helps to ease your mind, it should be just fine. One other good thing is it is warm out still and flooring a 32 Deg engine is not a good thing in my opinion.
That’s good to know. I was planning on getting an oil change right after the break in period.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If a plant pulls a vehicle for random test driving for QC, they place a sticker on the vehicle notating so upon finishing. Most dealers will likely dispose of this before delivery.

I have requested for a limited PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).
That way I will be doing all the plastic removal, recover and keep all the build sheets, and keep all documentation/stickers that came on it. Photos as off the truck will be taken as well.

All they need to do is put a tank of 93 in it and take it out of transfer mode.

I was there the other day when my dealer got the first S650 in. GT PP 401a. Right off the truck , the sales team looked like convicts seeing a woman for the first time in 20 yrs. Hopping in and revving it. Doing the key fob rev bs. In general putting their dick mittens all over the poor car. This was a customer order mind you.

Told my SM that they can save the gang bang routine on mine and do not touch it. Yes, I am neurotic about my vehicles.

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine had 18 miles off the truck

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine had 27km (17 miles) when it came off the truck.

After they did PDI it had 30km so they test drove it 3km (1.8 miles) which is fine by me.