• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Time from Built to Shipped?

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
My car changed to Built today. I know it is coming by convoy. What have been others’ experiences in how long it took to change to shipped and how long delivery by convoy took (I am in Utah)?

S650 Mustang Time from Built to Shipped? 5ABAA019-7BC0-449A-99E1-A9757E876976
Sponsored

Muscat72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Took mine 2 weeks to show a shipped date and then another month after that until my car arrived. It was sent by convoy as well. I’ve seen others get them quicker though. The tracker is anything but accurate.

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine was built on 11/16/23. It shipped on 11/18/23. Sat in a rail yard in Michigan waiting on a train to pick it up for over a week. It's now on a train somewhere between Michigan and Florida. Chat is telling me delivery will be between 12/7 thru 12/15. The delivery dates have changed 3 times. Getting a week or so later each time.

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
Same here, built and shipped on 11/15 and somewhere in PA on rail coming to NJ distribution area. Delivery date keeps changing but dealer says by Dec 14th I should expect, so I sit and wait some more..

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Somewhat nearby in CO. From built to shipped was four days. From shipped to arrival took nine. With another two days for off-loading, inspection, documents, etc.

Chat up your dealer now, ask them to recover the build sheet from inside the car, if you'd like it. Once the car is built at the factory, they leave their papers in the interior. The dealer can simply gather everything and gift to you or leave in the trunk. I cataloged a wide variety of papers, stickers, bags, etc.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

My window sticker was marked "CONVOY" but it road rails most of the way. From MI to CO, it went to Chicago by rail for a transfer, then rail to Denver. At Denver, it was then off-loaded to a truck. At the time I attempted to understand "CONVOY" and "RAIL" on the sticker and never could get a clear definition of the terms. In my experience, "CONVOY" meant last leg of the trip.

The overall journey is going to depend on how well they fill the rail cars and trucks. Shippers will want things as full as possible, for the greatest efficiencies. You could receive as quickly as mine. It might be weeks as they await other cars to fill carriages and trailers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maria Sarli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara Convertible, Subaru Outback, Ford Ex
Somewhat nearby in CO. From built to shipped was four days. From shipped to arrival took nine. With another two days for off-loading, inspection, documents, etc.

Chat up your dealer now, ask them to recover the build sheet from inside the car, if you'd like it. Once the car is built at the factory, they leave their papers in the interior. The dealer can simply gather everything and gift to you or leave in the trunk. I cataloged a wide variety of papers, stickers, bags, etc.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

My window sticker was marked "CONVOY" but it road rails most of the way. From MI to CO, it went to Chicago by rail for a transfer, then rail to Denver. At Denver, it was then off-loaded to a truck. At the time I attempted to understand "CONVOY" and "RAIL" on the sticker and never could get a clear definition of the terms. In my experience, "CONVOY" meant last leg of the trip.

The overall journey is going to depend on how well they fill the rail cars and trucks. Shippers will want things as full as possible, for the greatest efficiencies. You could receive as quickly as mine. It might be weeks as they await other cars to fill carriages and trailers.
That is great advice. Thanks!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
About how long after ordering is a VIN assigned and tracking become available?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,

I had a VIN when it was scheduled, in this case October 14th.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

I had a VIN when it was scheduled, in this case October 14th.
Interesting, so only like 2 or 3 weeks after you ordered. I haven't gotten anything yet. Ordered November 10th.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
That is great advice. Thanks!
So, Convoy simply means, "Last leg of the trip". That makes more sense than a Truck from Flat Rock to Ocala, FL.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Super quick for me...

S650 Mustang Time from Built to Shipped? IMG_1085

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
My DH was built on 3/7/24. It arrived at the dealership on 5 days later on 3/12.

Of course, the dealership is only 45 miles from FRAP. :)
Sponsored