• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car's first hiccup: POWERTRAIN MALFUCTION/REDUCED POWER

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
So OP what did your dealership say? Same thing happened to me yesterday, I was going around 110 and the car just went limp. All driver assist features stopped, exhaust went into quiet, and I got the powertrain failure msg. Pulled over, and turned the car off and on, and everything went back to normal.
Hi there. This powertrain malfunction concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
My Mustang hasn’t been built yet!
By the time it is, I hope they have the BUGS OUT, or maybe the COCKROACHES OUT.
It appears the 2024 Mustangs wasn’t given much thought when planned or assembled?
What have I gotten myself into?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
It appears the 2024 Mustangs wasn’t given much thought when planned or assembled?
this is all nonsense.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Had this after Break-in period, if I’m not mistaken, but don’t remember the exact mileage. Was getting ready to go in on my Nightshift at the Plant and NO START!! After a series of things, from Park to Neutral, Power on and then off, trying to Remote Start and repeating the ”Process”. I let it sit for approximately 3-5 minutes and then tried again and Bingo .. Started with no issues. I had all the Warning Lights and Ford Pass App telling me that my GT needed Service. Haven’t had this issue again. Almost seemed as if it was a Safety or Alarm Feature that woulndn’t disengage or Reset. Hope that the Dealer gives you better options or answers for (and hopefully not) future occurrences.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have had zero issues so far. Most of the bugs I see people posting are voltage issues related to bad or poorly charged batteries. Especially those first round cars that were produced and sat for months. This car needs driven or put on a battery tender or it goes into sleep mode to conserve the battery, not a big deal, love mine no regrets.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
🙄

OP
OP
Supra Killer

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
Extra context: This was a one time thing that probably would have gone away by itself, in my opinion. This has passed and I've got about 1,900 miles on the car and no issues. If you have a '24 on order, I wouldn't sweat it.

Last edited:

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I do have one on order and I do have concerns. Bad batteries, bad tires, bad panel fitment, screen power up issues and paint defects. Man, this does worry me. My order is due in any day now. I hope I don't have all
of them all.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Bad batteries, bad tires, bad panel fitment, screen power up issues and paint defects.
FWIW, I'll summarize my thoughts on these topics.

I'm not making excuses for Ford. Your interests are valid. Given context, I'd not be concerned. Each of these issues, if they do occur, are covered by the factory warranty. IMO, I'm not seeing a greater increase in problems than other generations. The S550 had issues, some right before going out of production. The S650 will have problems. As will the S750.

Batteries. Several threads highlight often unique Owner experiences.

When the S650 was coming into production, builds were halted while Ford worked on the production line and car QC. Cars built but not shipped, were held. Later, production resumed, with held cars sent to dealers.

These first builds did have battery problems with many being replaced. The batteries themselves were fine, but after sitting for so long, they'd been compromised. In addition, there are tells the S650 might be drawing more current than previous generations. I haven't proven this; it's just a hunch.

Dealers need to keep the cars charged while awaiting sale. Cars should be fully-charged when sold. Owners need to drive the car at least once every two weeks for an extended drive to keep the battery charged (unchanged from the S550). If not, use of a battery tender is recommended.

Tires. One Member posted pictures and comment of a Canadian build, shipped in sub-freezing conditions.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/trofeo-rs-tires-cracked-from-shipping.159921/

I'm not aware of all the details, but I believe the car was shipped, delayed and caught in temps. The tires were cracked and damaged. The issue would be covered by warranty.

Another thread highlighted two additional interests: 1) tire wear and 2) initial alignment.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/update-tread-wear-issue.160358/

I cannot speak for the Trofeo tire. But if they are like the Cup2s, they will wear, quickly. Those of us that received Cup2 cars often immediately replaced the tires with something more streetable. The Cup2 is an awesome tire. For the track. I was taken aback by the amount of rocks one tire injested, simply rolling it across the driveway on a Summer day. Trofeos can be driven on the street, but they'll not last long.

Ford offers all Owners one free alignment or alignment check in the first year. It's a good idea for all Owners to monitor tread depth and pressures, manually, especially on a new car.

https://miltonindustries.com/products/tire-tread-depth-gauge

https://www.autometer.com/performance-analog-tire-pressure-gauge.html

Panel Fitment. There have been some issues. I can't say the S550 is any better or worse. Multiple threads discuss the topic. It is subjective and there is no wrong answer. To some, any gap issues have been accepted. To others, the gaps are detested.

Screen Power Up issues.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/tsbs-ssms-and-recalls-for-the-24-mustang.157809/

Checking the list, I did not notice any specific recall notice on the screens. But I am aware of customers with differing electronic issues. Some point to weak batteries. Others, software glitches. Some are just weird. Would I be concerned? No. But it is something to be mindful of. I wouldn't expect it, but would not be surprised. It's a first-year car. It's complicated. There's all kinds of new stuff on the S650, especially with software and electronics.

Paint defects. Ford does publish a General Service Bulletin in support of warranties and paint defects.

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic...s-vehicles-paint-and-bumper-concern-analysis/

IMO, I don't think the defects being discussed are different than previous generations. Or models. Weighing all the variables, this is Ford's level of quality. As with the panel gaps, the topic is subjective. The GSB link gives examples as to what is covered and what isn't.

From all that, the good news is you're already aware of several items to look for, fixes and experiences. The following link lists several other items to review at pick-up.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

Please post pictures once she's picked up.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I do have one on order and I do have concerns. Bad batteries, bad tires, bad panel fitment, screen power up issues and paint defects. Man, this does worry me. My order is due in any day now. I hope I don't have all
of them all.
I have none of that and my DH was built 12 days ago.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Funny enough, just had this happen to me today.

Solution: disconnect the battery and let the system reset itself.

If it comes back again this week I'll take it to my dealer but I'm fairly certain it's the battery.

JaxCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT (Performance)
Mine spewed out alerts, as well, and even got to a point of not starting. Long story short.. ABS module supposedly needed updating. Dealer performed it and I haven't seen the issue since.

Rip Actual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Dodge Challenger
I just have my trans replaced at 3200 miles, anyone else have their trans replaced?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I just have my trans replaced at 3200 miles, anyone else have their trans replaced?
Wow that's not good. May I ask what transmission symptoms you were experiencing that led to the replacement?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Funny enough, just had this happen to me today.

Solution: disconnect the battery and let the system reset itself.

If it comes back again this week I'll take it to my dealer but I'm fairly certain it's the battery.
Not to sound like an idiot but when you say you disconnected the battery are you talking about disconnecting both terminal connections? Just making sure I have this down in case my Mustang does this after I get it.
Sponsored