• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power error on brand new mustang.

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my brand new Mustang GT premium automatic last week. It has 112 miles on it and today yellow wrench came on screen stating Vehicle Service soon and Ford Pass gave error message of Powertrain malfunction (see attachment). After error I drove the car for 10 minutes and called local dealer to schedule an appointment for Friday. Yellow wrench sign on dash went away after turning the vehicle off and back on after the drive. Anyone else had similar situation and can provide any update on how it went for them?

This is my second Ford Vehicle ever, first one was 2012 Ford Focus which had horrible transmission and dealer couldn’t fix it 3-4 attempts and after frustration I just sold the car within first year. I thought Mustangs are built much better, very disappointing to see this happen.

S650 Mustang Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power error on brand new mustang. IMG_9130

S650 Mustang Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power error on brand new mustang. IMG_6861
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
PM me your VIN and i will try to look into what may have happened

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Have to wait for rokets reply but to answer your question, there was another tread that started like this. The failure ended up being a problem with a cam sensor, something repaired under warranty. That error can happen for many reasons and without more information, we don't know the exact failure.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I don't see anything in the connected vehicle data that says a wrench light was set, nor any codes that could set one

OP
OP
StangMobile

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
I don't see anything in the connected vehicle data that says a wrench light was set, nor any codes that could set one
Strange, should even take the car to dealer service center?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
How about putting a charger for an ADM battery on. Seems many have had issues with the battery being low or defective right in the begining.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
do what dusman59 said, charge the battery. i saw a few codes in there for battery voltage

OP
OP
StangMobile

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
do what dusman59 said, charge the battery. i saw a few codes in there for battery voltage
OK will order a charger today and try that. So, you did see few codes under my vin? If so, can you please share the codes. Thanks

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my brand new Mustang GT premium automatic last week. It has 112 miles on it and today yellow wrench came on screen stating Vehicle Service soon and Ford Pass gave error message of Powertrain malfunction (see attachment). After error I drove the car for 10 minutes and called local dealer to schedule an appointment for Friday. Yellow wrench sign on dash went away after turning the vehicle off and back on after the drive. Anyone else had similar situation and can provide any update on how it went for them?

This is my second Ford Vehicle ever, first one was 2012 Ford Focus which had horrible transmission and dealer couldn’t fix it 3-4 attempts and after frustration I just sold the car within first year. I thought Mustangs are built much better, very disappointing to see this happen.

IMG_9130.png

IMG_6861.png
Hi there! I can look into your Mustang's error message concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mustang's VIN?

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Same thing happened to me this weekend and it went away.

OP
OP
StangMobile

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
Update: Dealership looked at the car today and said they needed to update the ABS system. I guess somehow Powertrain Malfunction warning is related to ABS. Hopefully, light will not come back on again.

tenstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I got this error on my dark horse after practicing launch control, they said they the PCM was out of date. They updated it and I haven’t seen it since.
Sponsored