• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Power Train Malfunction

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
300 miles on the car now, and I have had it for 2 weeks. Fired it up this morning and got a wrench that said "Service Soon". My Ford pass said it was a Powertrain malfunction and that I had reduced power.

Unlike others, mine has not turned off. Disconnected the battery, restarted the system, etc. Comes back on. So it sits at the ford dealer for now.

Has anyone else had this issue and it didn't go away. If it is something major, I will cut my losses and sell the car lol. I am not putting up with this kind of crap on a brand new car. RIP
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
300 miles on the car now, and I have had it for 2 weeks. Fired it up this morning and got a wrench that said "Service Soon". My Ford pass said it was a Powertrain malfunction and that I had reduced power.

Unlike others, mine has not turned off. Disconnected the battery, restarted the system, etc. Comes back on. So it sits at the ford dealer for now.

Has anyone else had this issue and it didn't go away. If it is something major, I will cut my losses and sell the car lol. I am not putting up with this kind of crap on a brand new car. RIP
Dunno, maybe, and just passing it along…

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/service-soon.158485/post-3235723

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had that same thing happen a week ago. Dealer found nothing, no stored codes, when they checked it Monday morning - but they knew what the Ford Pass App said about powertrain malfunction.

On mine it went away from the screen and I had full power when I started it about 3 hours later. BUT it then threw up a "hill start assist not available" warning followed by "traction control not on" screens. Traction control button was non-responsive. Two miles down the road and all was well again.

The only thing that they found on Monday was that the battery was on low charge. They charged it up and then on Tuesday afternoon I had issues with the screen displays - the right one wasn't responding to touch and displayed a "Waze" symbol, then later shut down for a bit. Then everything reset to the Fox screen despite it showing it was set to "drive mode" for the display. Tested it and - low battery again.

Charged it back up when I got home on Wednesday, and Thursday morning all was good. The display remembered my settings and everything looked good. End of day - and screens all messed up again, none of the settings were active, and it went back to the Fox screen display.

Today they checked it again at the dealer and battery checked out good, alternator was good. To be safe they went ahead and changed the battery though. We'll see how it goes. I have a long trip planned tomorrow and am tossing in my charger, jump box, and a set of cables just in case.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had that same thing happen a week ago. Dealer found nothing, no stored codes, when they checked it Monday morning - but they knew what the Ford Pass App said about powertrain malfunction.

On mine it went away from the screen and I had full power when I started it about 3 hours later. BUT it then threw up a "hill start assist not available" warning followed by "traction control not on" screens. Traction control button was non-responsive. Two miles down the road and all was well again.

The only thing that they found on Monday was that the battery was on low charge. They charged it up and then on Tuesday afternoon I had issues with the screen displays - the right one wasn't responding to touch and displayed a "Waze" symbol, then later shut down for a bit. Then everything reset to the Fox screen despite it showing it was set to "drive mode" for the display. Tested it and - low battery again.

Charged it back up when I got home on Wednesday, and Thursday morning all was good. The display remembered my settings and everything looked good. End of day - and screens all messed up again, none of the settings were active, and it went back to the Fox screen display.

Today they checked it again at the dealer and battery checked out good, alternator was good. To be safe they went ahead and changed the battery though. We'll see how it goes. I have a long trip planned tomorrow and am tossing in my charger, jump box, and a set of cables just in case.
I have had no issues with my battery. If this is going to be on ongoing issue I am done. I got rid of a perfectly good car. Not going to put up with it.

Let me know how your drive goes. Looks like I wont be getting my car back anytime soon. Might just trade it in for a F150 again

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Damn man!
That sucks, all the wait and then an issue like this would demoralize me.
Hopefully its something simple, like the battery or some easy to fix electrical/sensor issue.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn man!
That sucks, all the wait and then an issue like this would demoralize me.
Hopefully its something simple, like the battery or some easy to fix electrical/sensor issue.
Yeah it is pretty Sh*tty... I am going to hang on to hope that is a system error of some sort and NOT something with the powertrain legitimately wrong. If major service is needed, im out. I love the car but would not love it as much if I had to change something major so quickly.

I guess I could go lemon law if there is something like a transmission needing to be replaced. No way the dealer would have that done in 30 days

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I doubt it is an actual mechanical issue. Theres been a couple of people who had that randomly happen with no real consequences.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update here: Ford disconnected the battery and the code went away. They tried to replicate the problem but couldn't. So I guess good news? Nothing Major at least.

Do I just not take these service soon lights seriously anymore? Hasn't happened since, glad to have the car back

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
It could be an intermittent cell in the battery that losses connection/ voltage while moving just like a loose wire. Certain modals like certain power and if one can’t get that shut off making the car want to protect itself. People really need to take a step back sometimes and realize that end of the day people are involved with the production of everything. Just becuase somethings wrong doesn’t mean you need to go up in arms.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford really needs to do something about these garbage batteries.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Ford really needs to do something about these garbage batteries.

Its not the batteries.....my wifes Explorer is doing the same thing- have tried multiple brands of batteries- there is a drain in the system killing the battery

My wife's battery goes dead at least once a year- at least I know its getting low because I get all the same warning lights- hill assist- exc.

Im die hard Ford Blue- but my daughters first car is a Honda.....yeah Im that pissed

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could be an intermittent cell in the battery that losses connection/ voltage while moving just like a loose wire. Certain modals like certain power and if one can’t get that shut off making the car want to protect itself. People really need to take a step back sometimes and realize that end of the day people are involved with the production of everything. Just becuase somethings wrong doesn’t mean you need to go up in arms.
People have a right to be angry that their NEW 50-60k car throws check engine lights.

OP
OP
Richthebish12

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was just saying take a step back and think about it killa.
I understand where you’re coming from and I know it’s a mass produced vehicle. Not expecting perfection by any means.

But when I just purchased the car, fire it up to go to work at 6:30 am, then the car goes into limp mode. Just frustrating ya know.
Like I said I’m glad there isn’t anything wrong it seems, glad to have it back.
Sponsored