• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Update : Tread Wear Issue

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
[Alignment/Tier Issue Update]

As I shared my rear tire issue last time, finally I got an official answer from Ford head office last week. (Took almost 4 weeks !!)

HERE IS THE OFFICIAL ANSWER FROM FORD.

• No initial alignment issue from factory was confirmed.
  • As seen in the picture, your tire tread wearing EVENLY is confirmed.
  • Thus, this is not a manufactured defect seeing they are wearing evenly.
  • Wearing on tiers as evenly will not be covered either warranty or extended contract.
  • Youā€™ll have to pay for new tires to replace.
šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²
Ford said, tread wearing outside edge faster than inside like positive-camberish is standard as wearing evenly for Dark Horse.

I escalated this answer to dealerā€™s service manager, is this really ā€œWearing EVENLYā€ from your eye or not?
Iā€™m waiting for his final judgement, most likely tomorrow I will get.

Anyhow, both rear tires have achieved their end of lifetime at 4878miles. Inside fiber stuff is facing me now. Cannot drive any more for safety concern. My Dark Horse is sleeping in garage during waiting for his final call.

Either way, the only one way driving she can do as last trip, driving to dealer or driving to neighboring tire shop.

Most likely, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (or NITTO NT555 G2?) is my option for replacement.
If you have any suggestions, I would very much appreciate your experience and feedback.

S650 Mustang Update : Tread Wear Issue 20240221_072441

S650 Mustang Update : Tread Wear Issue 20240224_161342
Sponsored

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Unfortunately, this is the ā€œpriceā€ for a very sticky tire that gives outstanding grip and performance numbersā€¦at the same time it will cost you quite a bit of $$$ to replace them (and there may not much inventory at this time). My main reason for not ordering the HP pack for my DH. Also, I will never ā€œtrackā€ the vehicle.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
This guy had some tire issues too but was beating on the car a little.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Badge of honor
Sponsored