• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse HP Pirelli Trofeo RS vs. Dark Horse R Michelin Pilot Sport tires.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I have in fact changed to Michelin tires as soon as I had gotten the DH! I liked the Michelin pretty much of the cars that I had Mercedes , Volvo, Audi were using Michelin tires as requested! But then when I got the DH, I decided to remove the Trofeo off the rims and put Michelin on! But in the summer I plan to use up Trofeo on another rim so I can use it in Spring, Summer and Fall! Trofeo is, in my opinion, “short life” according to tread wear!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackFerret69

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I have in fact changed to Michelin tires as soon as I had gotten the DH! I liked the Michelin pretty much of the cars that I had Mercedes , Volvo, Audi were using Michelin tires as requested! But then when I got the DH, I decided to remove the Trofeo off the rims and put Michelin on! But in the summer I plan to use up Trofeo on another rim so I can use it in Spring, Summer and Fall! Trofeo is, in my opinion, “short life” according to tread wear!
Agreed!

My plan also, but in reverse.

Though I am still waiting on my DH, I got caught in the April "Purgatory".

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Michelins PS4S or Continentals for me. I would never trust Pirellis after experiencing P Zeroes on my 16 GT. Those tires were awful.

V10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Viper, '21 M2 Competition, '22 S1000RR
After seeing Mach 1 and DH times very close (lightning lap), I understand why they had to go to a much more extreme tire for the DH, its to hide that 4024lb heft. Only .2 seconds faster for the DH. The Trofeo RS is a much more grippier tire. To compare, it would be Michelin's Cup 2 R that would be comparable. But alas, the tire in the M1 is regular Cup 2s.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a38966053/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-lightning-lap/
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a46575527/2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-lightning-lap-2024/

Just gotta open our eyes. Don't fall for Fords BS, there currently isn't any competition and thats a BAD thing.
Sponsored