• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

trofeo rs tires?

5.DREW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse Premium
Good Morning All, so my Dark Horse handling package car has the seemingly notorious issue of the tires losing chunks of rubber but the weirdest part is I wasn't sliding the car. I think driving around in nyc mixed with how soft the compound of the tires are did it. But, my issue is with the dealership who has had my car for 3 weeks now with no end in sight telling me the tires are on backorder. how is this so when i can get the tires in 2 days if I order them online? any suggestions or help would be appreciated
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Good Morning All, so my Dark Horse handling package car has the seemingly notorious issue of the tires losing chunks of rubber but the weirdest part is I wasn't sliding the car. I think driving around in nyc mixed with how soft the compound of the tires are did it. But, my issue is with the dealership who has had my car for 3 weeks now with no end in sight telling me the tires are on backorder. how is this so when i can get the tires in 2 days if I order them online? any suggestions or help would be appreciated

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Where are you located and I have trofeo rs tires taken off my rims around 35 miles on the new DH of mine and would be happy to save your money for a good deal!

OP
OP
5.DREW

5.DREW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you located and I have trofeo rs tires taken off my rims around 35 miles on the new DH of mine and would be happy to save your money for a good deal!
I'm in the nyc area! hbu?

06mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302LS
The tires do not like cold weather.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Not even sure why anyone would want to run those tires on the street. Save those for the track and get some Pilot Sport 4S for everyday driving.

OP
OP
5.DREW

5.DREW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not even sure why anyone would want to run those tires on the street. Save those for the track and get some Pilot Sport 4S for everyday driving.
That’s exactly what I wanted to do! They won’t get me my pilot sports even if I pay for them so was just gonna get the set of Trofeos under my coverage and take them off and buy the street tires myself and mount them

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
In Akron, Ohio!

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
TIRERACK.COM SAYS THE SUMMER TIRES ON MY MUSTANG SHOULD NOT BE DRIVEN OR STORED AT OR NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES. WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE CAR BEING PARKED IN AN ATTACHED GARAGE WHERE THE TEMP COULD GET NEAR FREEZING? I DO NOT INTEND TO DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS THE OUTSIDE TEMP IS OVER FORTY-FIVE DEGREES.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
TIRERACK.COM SAYS THE SUMMER TIRES ON MY MUSTANG SHOULD NOT BE DRIVEN OR STORED AT OR NEAR FREEZING TEMPERATURES. WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE CAR BEING PARKED IN AN ATTACHED GARAGE WHERE THE TEMP COULD GET NEAR FREEZING? I DO NOT INTEND TO DRIVE THE CAR UNLESS THE OUTSIDE TEMP IS OVER FORTY-FIVE DEGREES.
You might get varied responses to your question but I've found that unless your garage temps are consistently below freezing you should be just fine. If you get the car out every so often flat spotting will not be an issue.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That’s exactly what I wanted to do! They won’t get me my pilot sports even if I pay for them so was just gonna get the set of Trofeos under my coverage and take them off and buy the street tires myself and mount them
For winter driving in New York City I presume you mean Pilot Sport AS4's.