• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Saw this on Facebook today. Not my car just figured this was interesting how these tires got destroyed from shipping in the cold. Makes sense why they don’t build the Handling Pack with this weather.

“So my car was finished built and ready to ship to Canada in the beginning of September but was parked at a ramp waiting for over 3 months final got shipped and arrived in Calgary December 26th sat in Calgary till January 11th when it was loaded on a transport for a short trip to my dealership however the temperature that day and most of the previous was -39 to -42F this is what happened to TROFEO RS tires that have been exposed to extreme cold weather and some straps the tires down to a car transporter”

S650 Mustang Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping IMG_6795

S650 Mustang Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping IMG_6796

S650 Mustang Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping IMG_6797

S650 Mustang Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping IMG_6798

S650 Mustang Trofeo RS tires Cracked from shipping IMG_6799
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
and that is exactly why Ford does not build the handling package until warmer times. hopefully that got marked as transport damage so the only bad news is the 1-2 week delay on the replacement tires if the owner goes to Trofeo RS again

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
This^^^^^^

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I assume these photos were taken upon the car's arrival at the dealer. I'm confident they'll receive a new set. The dealer will file a claim towards Ford and the shipping company. This car would not have been released from PDI.

I believe it's a general rule, but I had three to four days to claim any shipping damage after taking receipt.

For the not so obvious issues, an example of the Tire Warranty is attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I assume these photos were taken upon the car's arrival at the dealer. I'm confident they'll receive a new set. The dealer will file a claim towards Ford and the shipping company. This car would not have been released from PDI.

I believe it's a general rule, but I had three to four days to claim any shipping damage after taking receipt.

For the not so obvious issues, an example of the Tire Warranty is attached.
Strangely I looked at warranty you displayed by Skye previously and nothing to do with certain brand Trofeo RS on our Stangs, wondering if they were trying to get rid of it ultimately!????

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Strangely I looked at warranty you displayed by Skye previously and nothing to do with certain brand Trofeo RS on our Stangs
That's my bad. I'd posted the guide I had, which is from 2022. The attachment did list Pirellis and has some wording for any tire made by them.

For 2024, the verbage has slightly changed. First, a link to general coverage, all tires:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/warranty/warranties-and-coverage/what-is-the-warranty-on-tires/

For 2024 models, they provide some specific wording, page 12, for Pirellis:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d_Car_LT_truck_Warranty_Guide_v4_10.03.23.pdf

"The tire manufacturer also provides you with a separate tire warranty that may extend beyond the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage. The tire manufacturer’s tire warranty information is available through the manufacture’s websites ." The guide then goes on to provide POC information. But in this specific example, it's a non-issue.

Given the previous delays and current time of year, it's a bit of a conundrum. On the one hand, the dealer and Ford will gift a new set of tires, but if the temps are still too cold, the Owner would not drive. If that continues to be the case, one initial thought I'd have is the dealer would put the car on display in the showroom. Or, find a storage location within the dealer site itself. Sucks for the owner, but the car'd be safe and it would prevent damage until conditions improve.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Oh, as long as this has been updated, great!! Thanks Skye!!

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
and that is exactly why Ford does not build the handling package until warmer times. hopefully that got marked as transport damage so the only bad news is the 1-2 week delay on the replacement tires if the owner goes to Trofeo RS again
They may no build them but its clear they still deliver them in winter this car was loaded on to a car transporter local temp was -41c then strapped down it was at that point when the damage to all 4 tires happened
Sponsored