• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tread wear issue ? What is your recommendation?

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
S650 Mustang Tread wear issue ? What is your recommendation? 20240115_113342
S650 Mustang Tread wear issue ? What is your recommendation? 20240115_113359

Initial alignment issue ... ?

I realized when I washing my DH.

It seems rear tire alignment is not right, I'm using my DH for only commute (no funcy drive such as line lock, launch control, power drift etc... ) for 3000miles, but outside of both rear tires, especially left side, were almost gone... 😬

I stopped by Ford service. They said alignment seemed to be ok, but cannot judge by local service whether this is warranty issue or not. So my local service representative asked Ford head office whether this is warantyiable to replace tires or not. Unfortunately no answer from Ford head office for 4 weeks... 😓

But my tires are about to dead with 4500 miles, almost no tread on outside of edge and very dangerous especially rain season in California.

No matter what Ford says, I'll replace them on next service which is about a few weeks later by my tire protection plan.

So my question is what is your recommendation for all season commute tire for Dark Horse which is 315/30R19 ?​

I would very much appreciate your experienced advice of any other Mustang, such as GT, Mach-1, Shelby etc... 🙏
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Did they give you a printout for the alignment? Either way those Trofeos are good for around 4k miles. It's a track tire. Get a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s..

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Did they give you a printout for the alignment?
^ This, +1.

Trust, but verify. You do need new tires, but I'd like to affirm readings before buying a new set. As an example, mine are wearing level across almost all the surface area, while lessened a touch on the inner and outer edges.

I use a Autometer 2160 gauge to check pressures, along with a Milton Tread Depth meter to monitor wear.

Last edited:

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
20240115_113342.jpg
20240115_113359.jpg

Initial alignment issue ... ?

I realized when I washing my DH.

It seems rear tire alignment is not right, I'm using my DH for only commute (no funcy drive such as line lock, launch control, power drift etc... ) for 3000miles, but outside of both rear tires, especially left side, were almost gone... 😬

I stopped by Ford service. They said alignment seemed to be ok, but cannot judge by local service whether this is warranty issue or not. So my local service representative asked Ford head office whether this is warantyiable to replace tires or not. Unfortunately no answer from Ford head office for 4 weeks... 😓

But my tires are about to dead with 4500 miles, almost no tread on outside of edge and very dangerous especially rain season in California.

No matter what Ford says, I'll replace them on next service which is about a few weeks later by my tire protection plan.

So my question is what is your recommendation for all season commute tire for Dark Horse which is 315/30R19 ?​

I would very much appreciate your experienced advice of any other Mustang, such as GT, Mach-1, Shelby etc... 🙏
This is for certain an alignment issue. Took my DH with 7 miles on it and it was out of alignment. Even after the alignment was done "to spec" I will need to modify stuff to get camber set to prioritize tread life as my DH is really a grocery getter.

For every 1% of camber, you will loose 20% of tread life, that is reality. After my alignment, camber is still over 1% off from zero. That was as close as it can come without modifications.

If the plan is driving like a lunatic or "tracking" the car, camber is way preferred along with buying tires.

Car sits with ten miles on it here today and already starting to tire shop, I have no experience with the DH OEM tires, but likely will not be replacing them with the same.

Please post a few photos of the front also as my curiosity is peaked.