• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MyColor Hiccup

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Has anyone else had an issue where when you go back into the MyColor screen that the Primary and Secondary colors as well as Ambient colors that are set in the car do not match what is being displayed in the MyColor GUI? I will take a video next time this happens but i have already noticed it more than once. It honestly amazes me how these types of bugs make it into a production vehicle. Who know maybe I am just too critical coming from a software background myself :-)
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i've seen this happen on new vehicles and when i'm messing with FORScan. the colors get de-synced until you change them away from their current values. it seems to happen any time the APIM gets reset, like re-programming it or taking the vehicle out of transport mode. could be an easy fix; instead of assuming the MyColor values are the defaults when the APIM re-starts, read them and if they're valid, set them. that way, if the APIM resets and you have a color set it's all good, and if for some reason it returns null or undefined, it doesn't crash and goes to the defaults

JavaScript example:

JavaScript:
function restoremycolorsettings() {
    let mycolorp = MyColor.System.PrimaryColor
    let mycolors = MyColor.System.SecondaryColor
    let mycolora = MyColor.System.AmbientColor
    let mycolori = MyColor.System.AmbientBrightness
    if(!mycolorp == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.PrimaryColor = mycolorp
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.PrimaryColor = //however the default MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolors == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.SecondaryColor = mycolors
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.SecondaryColor = //however the default MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolora == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientColor = mycolora
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientColor = //however the default MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolori == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientBrightness = mycolori
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientBrightness = //however the default MyColor is set
    }
}

Last edited:

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Happens to me all the time, not a huge deal but again, weā€™re all waiting for the OTA update from ford thatā€™s never coming.

@roket Iā€™m pretty savvy, would love to dig around in Forscan. What all do I need to access my GT?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Happens to me all the time, not a huge deal but again, weā€™re all waiting for the OTA update from ford thatā€™s never coming.

@roket Iā€™m pretty savvy, would love to dig around in Forscan. What all do I need to access my GT?
buy a license for FORScan, buy an adapter, and you're pretty much there. https://forscan.org/

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)

At least I'm not going crazy

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i've seen this happen on new vehicles and when i'm messing with FORScan. the colors get de-synced until you change them away from their current values. it seems to happen any time the APIM gets reset, like re-programming it or taking the vehicle out of transport mode. could be an easy fix; instead of assuming the MyColor values are the defaults when the APIM re-starts, read them and if they're valid, set them. that way, if the APIM resets and you have a color set it's all good, and if for some reason it returns null or undefined, it doesn't crash and goes to the defaults

JavaScript example:

JavaScript:
function restoremycolorsettings() {
    let mycolorp = MyColor.System.PrimaryColor
    let mycolors = MyColor.System.SecondaryColor
    let mycolora = MyColor.System.AmbientColor
    let mycolori = MyColor.System.AmbientBrightness
    if(!mycolorp == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.PrimaryColor = mycolorp
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.PrimaryColor = //however the MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolors == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.SecondaryColor = mycolors
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.SecondaryColor = //however the MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolora == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientColor = mycolora
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientColor = //however the MyColor is set
    }
    if(!mycolori == undefined || null) {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientBrightness = mycolori
    } else {
        MyColor.UI.AmbientBrightness = //however the MyColor is set
    }
}
Oooppffhā€¦. Itā€™s called declaration of variables but different subject

Edit: as in you either declare them or ā€˜assumeā€™ them. If you assume them you better validate them otherwise well itā€™s evidentā€¦

Last edited:

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Only one time I have seen the primary color to be arbitrary in comparison to my settings. Happened only one time as I didnā€™t start my baby for over 2 weeks! But I just have the basic settings ya know. Cbf changing colors - I need to drive my baby and hear the rumbles. Tech like color settings are not a big thing for me. Am I too old? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Oooppffhā€¦. Itā€™s called declaration of variables but different subject

Edit: as in you either declare them or ā€˜assumeā€™ them. If you assume them you better validate them otherwise well itā€™s evidentā€¦
seems like Ford makes it so when the APIM resets, it assumes the values are the defaults instead of checking

Nice JAVAscript
thank you, i use it fairly often (which is why i chose it instead of C++, which is probably closer to what Ford is using)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
seems like Ford makes it so when the APIM resets, it assumes the values are the defaults instead of checking

thank you, i use it fairly often (which is why i chose it instead of C++, which is probably closer to what Ford is using)
Flush the cache?

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Has anyone else had an issue where when you go back into the MyColor screen that the Primary and Secondary colors as well as Ambient colors that are set in the car do not match what is being displayed in the MyColor GUI? I will take a video next time this happens but i have already noticed it more than once. It honestly amazes me how these types of bugs make it into a production vehicle. Who know maybe I am just too critical coming from a software background myself :-)
Your Mustang is a Computer.
The only difference between your car and the Computer on your Desk at work is the Computer on your Desk runs a Company.
The Computer in your Mustang runs your Car.
The one on your Desk can make you money.
The one in your car can cost you money!
Both will need rebooting once in a while.
It is what it is.
You canā€™t change it!
Sponsored

Last edited: