• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First OTA software update

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I have automatic updates off. I still got the update even not connected to WIFI.
Bet Ford can update if it is a safety issue.
WIfi isn't how these are received. TCU is.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I have automatic updates off. I still got the update even not connected to WIFI.
Bet Ford can update if it is a safety issue.
you got the update as in it showed you had one available or it downloaded the update by itself with auto update off?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Just went and checked and it said partial not ready. I turned automatic updates on to see what happens.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Just went and checked and it said partial not
Just went and checked and it said partial not ready. I turned automatic updates on to see what happens.
I've had auto updates on also. I got the update, also on a beta ford pass. Honestly, I haven't had some the issues that some had have, I got my stang with 56 miles on it. Some say that's crazy? September car. I did a Blacksone on it at 735 miles. was good. will do it again at 3500. Had some wonky tech issues. They seem to correct themselves. I can't be happier with my purchase, coming from a guy who works on new cars every day. Patience, this the end of Muscle cars as we know it. enjoy the ride! The diesel Ram that thought he was going to race me yeah not even close! lol. I have an f150 2.7 eco, its fast but hell no would I race a 24 mustang. JS

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've had auto updates on also. I got the update, also on a beta ford pass.
The version of the FordPass app on your phone has nothing to do with the updates your car gets.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
The version of the FordPass app on your phone has nothing to do with the updates your car gets.
I know that trust me. But it I didn't mean that was the reason, my point was to be patient. whether you worked in the industry or not you seem to get it, I don't want to be that guy. I am still in it at 57. I try to be quiet but somewhat positive lol.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
I know that trust me. But it I didn't mean that was the reason, my point was to be patient. whether you worked in the industry or not you seem to get it, I don't want to be that guy. I am still in it at 57. I try to be quiet but somewhat positive lol.
My bad I shouldn't have said anything about ford pass. But hope you have good times when you get that DH out soon. We finally got some salt free driving in masshole land.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
My bad I shouldn't have said anything about ford pass. But hope you have good times when you get that DH out soon. We finally got some salt free driving in masshole land.
We can't fix stupid, I also have a 2-stroke bass boat, they love us here lmao. Take what we got till it's gone. This is my swan song. Enjoy, the stop bitching the mustang is a cool ride.

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
So it seems like mycolor keeps resetting some of the colors Everytime I get in vehicle. It's quite annoying. Don't understand what correlation is between update and why it keeps happening.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No correlation. I've had issues with the infotainment saving my settings since I bought the vehicle.

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just noticed that the music EQ have been reset to the default settings: bass, mid and treble in the middle. Also the gauges got reset. Other than that everything is good.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My gauges reset every few days. I've just come to accept it 😂

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Just got this update today, anybody speak Ford Technical and can tell me just what this update did?. At least the previous one-Startup and Health Monitoring Optimization, was a bit more informative, this one, not so.

S650 Mustang First OTA software update update 6.1.0

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Just got this update today, anybody speak Ford Technical and can tell me just what this update did?. At least the previous one-Startup and Health Monitoring Optimization, was a bit more informative, this one, not so.

update 6.1.0.jpg
Housekeeping
Sponsored