• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First OTA software update

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So you were on 959 and then got this message?? What are you on now?
It's still the same, 959. The infotainment screen comes up a little faster upon start up of the vehicle.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
It's still the same, 959. The infotainment screen comes up a little faster upon start up of the vehicle.
FYI: Not every OTA will update Sync version info.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I agree with @roadpilot seeing as the update I got this week specifically called out the ABS.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
I did reach out to my contact. He told me HE can't see the delivery method, but what he did remind me was that EVERY single OTA for the F150 since 2021 has ONLY been delivered via OTA/TCU with the exception of one, and that's because that one was needed to FIX the TCU/OTA delivery process that was broken by a previous update.
I believe you're correct, Road Pilot. The convo I had this morning with groups familiar (I'm a mechanical major so forgive my novice software knowledge) but OTA updates are released from the Ford servers and received by the vehicle GWM over the vehicle cellular and or WiFi connection. The TCU WiFi and cellular connection is used to connect the vehicle to the Ford servers and pass the data to the GWM over its Ethernet network connection.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
So do we know if this update is for vehicles built before a certain date? Some of us might not get this message for ABS download. It seems 959 is for sync.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Yea, Version 959 is what I was on and then this update popped up on my screen. And yea, that 20.9 MPG didn't last log in with this nice weather 😂
Copy That!!! :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We just received our first update. Anti lock brake system update, vehicle start up responsiveness and something with communication to the dash. Took about 5 minutes.

The Batfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue EcoBoost Batstang,06 Ford Ranger
got my updates thought it would fix the issues with the info screen freezing about every 3 times I get in the car.. Nope first crank after update install..frozen screen .. ughhh

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Got my update notification today. I think Ford staggered it, so that not everybody would get bricked at once... smart

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Got my update notification today. I think Ford staggered it, so that not everybody would get bricked at once... smart
^ This. This is pretty typical for software updates/patches.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone received this message. When I got in the car this morning it was downloading.

IMG_8799.jpeg
I got the update yesterday. It removed two of my tpms sensors, but I drove it for less than a minute and they came right back. It also reset my infotainment settings, but I just put them back to the way I had them prior to the update. Other than that, no issues so far.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That's exactly how they do them. It can be weeks or even longer between two vehicles.
Sponsored