• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First OTA software update

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Everything seems normal. The only issue I noticed was my “MyColor” reset to the factory orange.

There was a message on the screen saying everything completed successfully and gave a summary of the update.

This is what my FordPass had to say:

S650 Mustang First OTA software update IMG_8803
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I thought that it might show up here in the Ford Pass App and give more information and maybe, just maybe, an option to start the Download Process. Not so fortunate so I’ll start the car and see if it’s either already there or in waiting for me to approve/set time to start.

S650 Mustang First OTA software update IMG_3349

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The update will not install till 1AM. For the moment it just reminds me about it every time I shut the car off.

IMG_8800.jpeg
Could be low voltage issue. There are several threads over on F150Forum with hundreds (thousands) of posts on the topic.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Nothing for me yet. Is there something I have to do to turn this on? I have it set to update at 1 AM .

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Mine said no updates available when I checked today. Maybe it depends on when the car was built or how it is equipped. Just a guess.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Job 2 may have the update when assembled. Is there a place to check revisions? What is the latest rev number?

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Oh, and for the love of god, disable auto-updates. This is asking for trouble.

Let's say you're traveling, in the middle of nowhere, like in a remote desert somewhere.... do you really want to go through the trouble of having your car towed, to fix the error during an update? I sure don't.

I will at least do the updates when I know I am near civilization, or better yet right at the dealer, in case things go wrong. And things will go wrong. I've been around long enough to have seen computer updates, phone updates, music gear updates bricking equipment, requiring you to spend hours trying to re-do them properly.

For example... I personally bricked 2 Mac Book Pros... Followed all the instructions to the T, but still managed to brick them. It was all covered under warranty, but all the data was lost.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Oh, and for the love of god, disable auto-updates. This is asking for trouble.

Let's say you're traveling, in the middle of nowhere, like in a remote desert somewhere.... do you really want to go through the trouble of having your car towed, to fix the error during an update? I sure don't.

I will at least do the updates when I know I am near civilization, or better yet right at the dealer, in case things go wrong. And things will go wrong. I've been around long enough to have seen computer updates, phone updates, music gear updates bricking equipment, requiring you to spend hours trying to re-do them properly.

For example... I personally bricked 2 Mac Book Pros... Followed all the instructions to the T, but still managed to brick them. It was all covered under warranty, but all the data was lost.
Although delayed for those reasons alone are insufficient. It is the delay for crowdsource results that is useful. Don’t matter if I’m home or out and about a brick with four wheels is still a brick.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Did you have to connect to a wireless hotspot to get the update going? My car is always parked in the basement and I hardly have any wireless connectivity in there inclusive of GPS. So wondering whether you had to tether to get the download going? I’m reluctant to turn on auto updates - cbf bricking the infotainment system. Prefer a tried tested stable release instead of a brand spanking new version!

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
I still haven’t gotten the update, even connected to my home wifi and tried just in case but still nothing
Sponsored