• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
In my opinion if you don't need the +2 seats of the DH for that price point the C8 is the car to go for. Better performance, a huge leap in build and material quality, great (optional) features like driving recorder, front camera, heated/cooled sportsseats, HUD, etc.

If going for a Mustang7 I would choose a GT w PP1 and spend the saved $10k on customization/ mods. Aftermarket exhaust, bodyparts, better fitting 20 inch wheels, etc will result in a way more impressive car than a Dark Horse is for the price.
Agreed, C8 much better sport cars for the money, but it is missing the manual transmission, which is a deal breaker for a lot of folks that enjoy the driving engagement of a manual. A lot for guys traded their C7 manuals for C8s and many of them love the car but got bored after a while and missed shifting.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The C8 is a hideous pig.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Definitely overpriced, but as others have attested, that's how the market is right now.

I'm in Toronto as well, and I got my '21 GT with 301A/Black Accent pkg/Active Exhaust for $47k CAD out the door. The base GT starts at about that price now, not to mention 1.49% APR financing.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
I think it is priced right. It will probably outrun the GT350 and Mach 1 on the track (it kind of has to) and has upgraded tech and a little bit of nicer stuff here and there (flat bottom steering wheel, rear Brembo brakes, for example). Would I personally buy one? Probably not anytime soon. Still can't get over the tacked on tablet-style dash design. My Mach 1 is plenty of car for me and was a good deal.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Definitely overpriced, but as others have attested, that's how the market is right now.

I'm in Toronto as well, and I got my '21 GT with 301A/Black Accent pkg/Active Exhaust for $47k CAD out the door. The base GT starts at about that price now, not to mention 1.49% APR financing.
Just can’t swallow paying $101K CAD out the door for DH, is it 2x the car as your 21 GT? No it’s the exact same motor. I’m pretty close to just not taking the DH, will let my 1K deposit ride for now and see what happens.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
A lot for guys traded their C7 manuals for C8s and many of them love the car but got bored after a while and missed shifting.
and yet EASY to fix, albeit shift-by-wire. But hell if GM can get away with brake-by-wire, a joystick and clutch-by-wire is childs' play.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I guess I’m jaded. I had a 2003 Mach 1. To me it was worthwhile because it came with 20% more horsepower in addition to the shaker scoop and an exclusive color not offered on any other Mustang and finally retro wheels you couldn’t get elsewhere. In short, the car was special.

It today’s world, ALL of these “special” Mustangs are cookie cutter. Bullitt, Mach 1, Dark Horse, it doesn’t matter they’re all the same engine. None of them are really unique. I understand that there are MINOR differences between them like decals and small interior changes but none of them are unique. To me it’s absolutely stupid to pay $20 or $40k more money for a car that has $3k worth of actual upgrades.

The fact that the new Mach 1 didn’t have a hood scoop built in the same mold they used in the 1960s like they did with the ’03 car was a travesty. The fact that a Dark Horse is commonly going to have a $85k sticker price and will have it’s doors blown off by 2018 base GTs with bolt on modifications is worse.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
$90000 CDN converts to $65569 USD. A Canadian buyer is paying 37% more than a US client would for the same product (at today's exchange rate, $1.37 CDN buys $1 USD).

A member from Korea chimed in earlier of pricing, feeling the same pain. Inflation is one factor. The appreciation of the USD, another. For anyone outside the US, it is not a good time to buy a US product.

For auto manufacturers, currency exchange, supply chain and inflationary pressures have influenced them to produce fewer cars in-general, with the focus on upper-end models and higher-priced options.
By the time you put taxes, fees, license you are over 70k. That is WAY to much for an NA Mustang. We didn’t even get to ADM yet.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I’m jaded. I had a 2003 Mach 1. To me it was worthwhile because it came with 20% more horsepower in addition to the shaker scoop and an exclusive color not offered on any other Mustang and finally retro wheels you couldn’t get elsewhere. In short, the car was special.

It today’s world, ALL of these “special” Mustangs are cookie cutter. Bullitt, Mach 1, Dark Horse, it doesn’t matter they’re all the same engine. None of them are really unique. I understand that there are MINOR differences between them like decals and small interior changes but none of them are unique. To me it’s absolutely stupid to pay $20 or $40k more money for a car that has $3k worth of actual upgrades.

The fact that the new Mach 1 didn’t have a hood scoop built in the same mold they used in the 1960s like they did with the ’03 car was a travesty. The fact that a Dark Horse is commonly going to have a $85k sticker price and will have it’s doors blown off by 2018 base GTs with bolt on modifications is worse.
Hood scoops are as passé as hiking up the rear ends to fit bigger tires.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Don't tell Dodge. They sell Shakers as fast as they can make them.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't tell Dodge. They sell Shakers as fast as they can make them.
Just as a RETRO car should. No one does RETRO better than Dodge.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
maybe so but they WORK on the Dodge Challenger and people lap them up! Ford could have done the same and I suspect the take rate would have been respectable.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Kinda feeling the same after seeing the official B+P numbers now. Getting all the features and options my '23 has (301a, black accents, AE, security package) would've put me at +$2k...and I'd want upgraded brakes as well...so $50k puts me out of S650 GT territory.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
Honestly for a split moment this morning I was like " im gonna go do the dark horse". Went to the premium. Started doing the build. Was pleasantly surprised that you still got a performance wing even without the handling package.

Then i saw it only came with cloth seats lol. That was a wrap for me. I can't sit in recaros, and i cant do cloth seats for that money lol.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
a new chassis would atleast be somewhat compelling. still a cool car though.
Sponsored