• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A Dark Horse now vs waiting for custom order GT Premium

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
I need help in getting some inputs from you guys ...I put in a custom order a month back for GT premium with Performance Pack, Night Pony, MagnaRide. Intent was to daily this car, I am probably going to never track it or race it. Now curious me, started searching and found a base Dark Horse available approx 4 hrs away at MSRP. That is about ~$500 or so price difference. Wanted to check how do you guys feel about DH vs GP, it is worth waiting or should I be taking the leap now ?

Thanks in advance
GO GO
Sponsored

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius šŸ¤£
I need help in getting some inputs from you guys ...I put in a custom order a month back for GT premium with Performance Pack, Night Pony, MagnaRide. Intent was to daily this car, I am probably going to never track it or race it. Now curious me, started searching and found a base Dark Horse available approx 4 hrs away at MSRP. That is about ~$500 or so price difference. Wanted to check how do you guys feel about DH vs GP, it is worth waiting or should I be taking the leap now ?

Thanks in advance
GO GO
IMO get the car! It's the same thing, except you'll have a higher trim for 500$! Realistically, if you've been dreaming of your specific build and paint, I would say wait... but if it's close enough I would say go for it! Either way, you'll have fun. šŸ‘

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
Thanks
IMO get the car! It's the same thing, except you'll have a higher trim for 500$! Realistically, if you've been dreaming of your specific build and paint, I would say wait... but if it's close enough I would say go for it! Either way, you'll have fun. šŸ‘
Thanks Mike, do you know how good/bad are the cloth seats in DH are vs leather in GT PP ?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
It's hard waiting, but saving money with X-Plan on a GT might be worth considering. Sadly can't use it on DH, but at least you found one without $10k or more ADM.

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
It's hard waiting, but saving money with X-Plan on a GT might be worth considering. Sadly can't use it on DH, but at least you found one without $10k or more ADM.
In price breakdown at the time of order I didn't know about X plan, I submitted order with it (I only came to know about this 3 days ago when I joined this forum). You think it can be changed later ? May be question for another thread :)

Mike2xz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '23 Prius šŸ¤£
Thanks

Thanks Mike, do you know how good/bad are the cloth seats in DH are vs leather in GT PP ?
I have sat in both, although I sat in a GT Premium with leather versus a GT base with cloth seats. I found the cloth seats to be more daily-able and more comfortable, although I say this having ordered recaros. The leather may hold me a little tighter, but for long road trips, I can see the cloth seats being better. As far as longevity... I have no idea, but I would guess the leather may wrinkle easier and the cloth may rip easier. Derek Brand Productions just posted a video saying he was surprised with the comfort of the cloth seats, and honestly, I would agree. If you need the video let me know

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
If your dealer participates in X-plan, join MCA today and I bet your PIN comes in before your car. If they don't participate, find another dealer if you have a refundable deposit. If not, weigh the pros/cons of losing your deposit. I saved over $3k. Waiting sucks...getting a better deal helps it to suck less.

S650 Mustang A Dark Horse now vs waiting for custom order GT Premium 1695865489915

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
If your dealer participates in X-plan, join MCA today and I bet your PIN comes in before your car. If they don't participate, find another dealer if you have a refundable deposit. If not, weigh the pros/cons of losing your deposit. I saved over $3k. Waiting sucks...getting a better deal helps it to suck less.

1695865489915.png
Thank you good sir, this is very helpful.

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
I have sat in both, although I sat in a GT Premium with leather versus a GT base with cloth seats. I found the cloth seats to be more daily-able and more comfortable, although I say this having ordered recaros. The leather may hold me a little tighter, but for long road trips, I can see the cloth seats being better. As far as longevity... I have no idea, but I would guess the leather may wrinkle easier and the cloth may rip easier. Derek Brand Productions just posted a video saying he was surprised with the comfort of the cloth seats, and honestly, I would agree. If you need the video let me know
Thanks Mike

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The cloth seats in my 96 are still in good shape so it's a personal preference between cloth or the premium seats. Other than that, if you aren't going to the track and you don't want the Tremec transmission, there really isn't much difference between the GT and the Dark horse. My advice is to look at the features very carefully and make sure it has everything you consider important. You will probably be driving the car for a long time and you don't want to say if only I had that.
In my case, it was the transmission that made me willing to pay extra. I know I will have the car for a long time and the Tremec was something I wanted.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Thanks

Thatā€™s your preference. We prefer the leather seats. The one nice thing is if something gets spilled, easy to wipe up.
As far as the DH over the GT, we are happy with our GT. That again has to be your own decision. You need to sit and think on it. (Iā€™m a woman too, just so you know.)

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our xplan was only going to save us a couple hundred

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cloth seats in my 96 are still in good shape so it's a personal preference between cloth or the premium seats. Other than that, if you aren't going to the track and you don't want the Tremec transmission, there really isn't much difference between the GT and the Dark horse. My advice is to look at the features very carefully and make sure it has everything you consider important. You will probably be driving the car for a long time and you don't want to say if only I had that.
In my case, it was the transmission that made me willing to pay extra. I know I will have the car for a long time and the Tremec was something I wanted.
I hope I keep mine for more than 2 years. I have always tired of cars so quickly. My dad was that way, as is my brother. Mom kept her cars, my one sister keeps hers. I have a son like me and the other drives them until they are ready to go be scrapped . That son Also will not buy a new car. He lets someone else take the killing by driving them off the lot.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
For me personally the DH is the ONLY s650 worth considering. My interests are different and the car will see the track. A $55k+ GT that still need coolers to keep from overheating is silly.

All things equal for someone not tracking, if you want a manual buy DH. If auto, buy whatever you like the looks of

ShannonMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost

Thanks in advance
GO GO
If it is the 6 Speed then yes the Tremic Transition is far better.
Sponsored