• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A Dark Horse now vs waiting for custom order GT Premium

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
In price breakdown at the time of order I didn't know about X plan, I submitted order with it (I only came to know about this 3 days ago when I joined this forum). You think it can be changed later ? May be question for another thread :)
When I placed my order for a fully loaded GT, we didn't discuss X-plan. The DH I was building in the configuator was about $1500-3000 more than the GT I was building, so I decided to go GT, since I'm not planning on tracking. I'm not sophisticated enough to be able to tell the difference between what I got and what I would have gotten with a DH. For me, bragging rights wasn't enough to justify the added expense.

Can't use X-plan on a DH.

When I picked my GT up (hard to believe that was almost 4 weeks ago), I presented my X-plan PIN and saved over $3000. It was like the X-Plan paid for my active exhaust and my Magneride. So for my purposes, the price difference with the savings pushed me into the GT world. So far, no regrets.

If you sign up for MCA ($35 for a year), after 90 days, you too can get an X-plan PIN.
Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
The DH and M1 manual gears are shorter than the GT manual gears. Therefore lot more fun, reving and shifting more often through all of your trips. And listening to the engine as you do so.

Even if you don’t track them, they are the best fun cars if you love manual transmissions.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
If it is the 6 Speed then yes the Tremic Transition is far better.
I went and looked at a dark horse today, And I am happy I stuck with my GT premium. I looked at the front of it, and saw how low it was, and was so happy I didn’t get one. I had an Audi A5 and it was so low to the ground, That I could not even take them over a set up our RR tracks we have in town. Dark horse was lower yet, The first thing out of my mouth to my husband was no thank you. Other than that I loved it. I even saw an awesome Mustang GT not a premium that was white with the night pony package and it had the cloth seats but they were Actually, nothing like I thought they would be. I would’ve taken that one over the dark horse that’s just my opinion. I don’t wanna have to worry about the front end Messing up from hitting little bumps in the road
Sponsored