• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I have buyer's remorse with my new 2024 GT that I purchased about 4 months ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but now I'm thinking that I made a mistake for 2 reasons.

First and foremost, I have a 2008 manual GT that I love. It's been a great car for the last 12 years that I've owned it. I told myself all the time that I wouldn't buy another car until something happened to it. Well, I got car fever and one thing led to another and I bought a new 2024 GT. It's been a great car and fun to drive.

Now for the second thing....I bought an A10 instead of a manual because I actually liked the A10 better than the manual when I test drove both. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a manual. The A10 transmission is very nice, but I miss shifting gears.

Now for the hard part....I've decided to sell it and stick with the 2008 GT. I'm sure I'll be taking a significant loss, but it's better than eating the entire cost. I learned a very expensive lesson.

I'll be going back to the dealer to see what they'll offer, but I'll probably wind up selling here on this forum or Autotrader. Be on the lookout.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Very sad to hear about this but honestly the older cars are better built than the new gen anyway. I myself would stick to the manual over the A10. Its fast but sometimes it hunts for gears and just acts strange.

I hope you are able to find a buyer that will love your 2024 just as much as you love your 2008. You should also try listing your car on CarGurus and Cars.com for more exposure too. Best case scenario is your dealer takes it back and you lose out on thousands quickly. Tax return time is coming up so selling it right before the spring selling season is definitely a plus.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Lifeā€™s too short to agonize over a few grand.

Take your medicine now, move on and put it out of your mind.

I donā€™t know your age but if you havenā€™t yet stepped in bigger piles of poop in your life trust me, you will.

At 74 Iā€™m closer to the barn than ever and I donā€™t regret the mistakes I made while trying to do the right thing nearly as much as the stuff I didnā€™t do in the first place.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Live and learn, as far as lesson go, having two Mustangs to choose from isn't a horrible situation.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to all for the responses. Greatly appreciated! Yes, it is very sad that I've decided to sell it, but I know it's the right thing to do.

Now I know why I haven't bought a new car in over 20 years! It's a slippery slope for sure.

Speaking of financial blunders, I've been fortunate so far. This one will sting for a bit and then it will be just like it was before with the 2008.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Very sad to hear about this but honestly the older cars are better built than the new gen anyway. I myself would stick to the manual over the A10. Its fast but sometimes it hunts for gears and just acts strange.

I hope you are able to find a buyer that will love your 2024 just as much as you love your 2008. You should also try listing your car on CarGurus and Cars.com for more exposure too. Best case scenario is your dealer takes it back and you lose out on thousands quickly. Tax return time is coming up so selling it right before the spring selling season is definitely a plus.
i wouldnt say "old ones were better" more than its just all the bad ones are either crashed or in the scrap yards, so its a safer bet.

i get the feeling of regretting the change, on occasion i get to missing my old 2010, but i certainly do not regret upgrading. Enjoy the '08 for as long as you want, the Mustang and the V8 will still be here whenever the day comes that the '08 doesnt start anymore.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I have buyer's remorse with my new 2024 GT that I purchased about 4 months ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but now I'm thinking that I made a mistake for 2 reasons.

First and foremost, I have a 2008 manual GT that I love. It's been a great car for the last 12 years that I've owned it. I told myself all the time that I wouldn't buy another car until something happened to it. Well, I got car fever and one thing led to another and I bought a new 2024 GT. It's been a great car and fun to drive.

Now for the second thing....I bought an A10 instead of a manual because I actually liked the A10 better than the manual when I test drove both. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a manual. The A10 transmission is very nice, but I miss shifting gears.

Now for the hard part....I've decided to sell it and stick with the 2008 GT. I'm sure I'll be taking a significant loss, but it's better than eating the entire cost. I learned a very expensive lesson.

I'll be going back to the dealer to see what they'll offer, but I'll probably wind up selling here on this forum or Autotrader. Be on the lookout.
I'm going to say predictable, not because of the S197 in your post, but going with the 10R80. I feel if you would have gotten a manual S650 you may have had a different outlook

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wouldnt say "old ones were better" more than its just all the bad ones are either crashed or in the scrap yards, so its a safer bet.

i get the feeling of regretting the change, on occasion i get to missing my old 2010, but i certainly do not regret upgrading. Enjoy the '08 for as long as you want, the Mustang and the V8 will still be here whenever the day comes that the '08 doesnt start anymore.
Yep...the 2024 is definitely a very nice upgrade and a blast to drive. However, my 2008 has been well maintained and it's fun to drive. Kind of like an old glove.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to say predictable, not because of the S197 in your post, but going with the 10R80. I feel if you would have gotten a manual S650 you may have had a different outlook
Absolutely!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
For you to consider. Maybe the dealer will take your new car on trade for what you want. Yes you will take a hit but you won't know how bad until you run the numbers. It doesn't hurt to ask and maybe it might make you happy.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Thatā€™s the deal with automatic cars! I had the same feeling for one of my other new rides I bought in 2016. It was an auto and remorse set in after less than a year. Lesson learnt. Stick to manual if you want a new car - If not / continue to enjoy the old glove with some placebo mods.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For you to consider. Maybe the dealer will take your new car on trade for what you want. Yes you will take a hit but you won't know how bad until you run the numbers. It doesn't hurt to ask and maybe it might make you

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will definitely pursue that option. Thanks.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s the deal with automatic cars! I had the same feeling for one of my other new rides I bought in 2016. It was an auto and remorse set in after less than a year. Lesson learnt. Stick to manual if you want a new car - If not / continue to enjoy the old glove with some placebo mods.
Lesson learned!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Interesting tid bit. Half of the new G87 BMW M2s are manual.
Sponsored