• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Need to call every dealer within one to two hours from where you live or however comfortable you driving. I drove an hour and a half for an extra 12 K for a trade-in. There’s a lot of variation on dealers because it depends on what their overhead is, and their business model. Just call and text many dealers and send pictures of your car, mileage and Vin number and ask them to bid on your car or better yet. Work a deal for your stick. I sold my 2007 GT/CS convert 5sp because I’m older and started having anxieties about killing it at a stoplight, which I never did, but I didn’t like the feeling. I got the 10 speed automatic and I can’t tell you how much I love it plus I’m not sure what mode I was in but when I came up to a stoplight as it quickly up, shifted before downshifting, the motor sound and then downshifted into a lower gear similar to what you would do with a stick shift. I couldn’t freaking believe it, I was able to make it happen a couple more times and I was in love! With 172 miles I haven’t used the paddle shifters yet, but I can’t wait. I know I probably shouldn’t do what I’ve been doing but when I drive by some cars or motorcycles, I give a little gas in the track mode exhaust system to tell them I’m here, it’s freaking awesome! At a stoplight I think I had it in sport mode and I gave it a quick little gas, not a lot and the tires tweaked! I’ve been trading in and selling cars as a hobby ever since I was a teenager and maybe only lost money on a few cars until recently when I bought a 2023, Mercedes-Benz S580 E hybrid electric. I only had it for maybe three or four months and my wife wanted to get the big SUV GLS 450 and I thought well let’s do it, I agreed to double digits loss baby, double digit loss. I could care less to get what we want. Life short, my friend, Live it while you can.
Thanks for your post. You're probably right about getting more money for my car if I reach out to other dealers.
The paddle shifters work pretty good. Of course it's not the same a manual, but it does add something to the driving experience. Enjoy your drives!
Sponsored

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I have no paddle shifters on my 24 Ecoboost convertible.
I will pay $100 to anyone who can install them for me.
Maybe even more...

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Life’s too short to agonize over a few grand.

Take your medicine now, move on and put it out of your mind.

I don’t know your age but if you haven’t yet stepped in bigger piles of poop in your life trust me, you will.

At 74 I’m closer to the barn than ever and I don’t regret the mistakes I made while trying to do the right thing nearly as much as the stuff I didn’t do in the first place.
Thank you. :like: Great advice.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. :like: Great advice.
As it turned out, it would have been a lot more than a few grand. That would have been child's play. The dealer crunched some numbers for the trade in of my car for a new one with manual and I would have had to fork out a down payment of a few grand to finance the balance of
$22,000! I told him I could have purchased a Dark Horse from the get go! I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I'll be ok with the A10.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
As it turned out, it would have been a lot more than a few grand. That would have been child's play. The dealer crunched some numbers for the trade in of my car for a new one with manual and I would have had to fork out a down payment of a few grand to finance the balance of
$22,000! I told him I could have purchased a Dark Horse from the get go! I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I'll be ok with the A10.
That‘s certainly cool too.

I’ve got a couple of V8 A10s myself and really enjoy them. I’ve decided I’m gonna bone up on paddle shifting in “S” position on the selector and see how I like it. One of mine, the Mach 1 A10, has WAY too aggressive of a 3-2 downshift in track mode when braking while going downhill that I can’t get rid of and makes me a little crazy. And I don’t want any dealer experimenting with it so I’m thinking paddles.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That‘s certainly cool too.

I’ve got a couple of V8 A10s myself and really enjoy them. I’ve decided I’m gonna bone up on paddle shifting in “S” position on the selector and see how I like it. One of mine, the Mach 1 A10, has WAY too aggressive of a 3-2 downshift in track mode when braking while going downhill that I can’t get rid of and makes me a little crazy. And I don’t want any dealer experimenting with it so I’m thinking paddles.
Definitely try the paddles. It's not the same as using a clutch, but it's better than letting the A10 select your gears . Using the paddles, it will stay in the gear until the paddle is used.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
You need to find a friend looking for an A10 GT to avoid taking a big haircut. Maybe you will find one on here, or through a local Mustang Club.

My problem is that I don’t ever sell anything, so I have two automatics and two manuals.

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse IMG_4989

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to find a friend looking for an A10 GT to avoid taking a big haircut. Maybe you will find one on here, or through a local Mustang Club.

My problem is that I don’t ever sell anything, so I have two automatics and two manuals.

IMG_4989.jpeg
You're right. I shouldn't have to get a big haircut. I even hate getting a trim! It's a great car with either transmission. Let me know if any of your friends want an A10.🤪

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right. I shouldn't have to get a big haircut. I even hate getting a trim! It's a great car with either transmission. Let me know if any of your friends want an A10.🤪
BTW...nice collection!

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
My Performance Suspension Dark Horse is an A10, but my wife and I will be 70 soon, so an A10 is more agreeable for us these days! That being said, I still enjoy my two manual transmission cars.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Performance Suspension Dark Horse is an A10, but my wife and I will be 70 soon, so an A10 is more agreeable for us these days! That being said, I still enjoy my two manual transmission cars.
I'm 65 with a few years of shifting gears left in me! My 2008 GT is manual so I can drive that when I feel like shifting gears. I also have a Triumph Thunderbird motorcycle when I really want to get fully engaged with the road. The 2024 GT A10 is a nice cruiser.

Bimini_blown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX
I have buyer's remorse with my new 2024 GT that I purchased about 4 months ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but now I'm thinking that I made a mistake for 2 reasons.

First and foremost, I have a 2008 manual GT that I love. It's been a great car for the last 12 years that I've owned it. I told myself all the time that I wouldn't buy another car until something happened to it. Well, I got car fever and one thing led to another and I bought a new 2024 GT. It's been a great car and fun to drive.

Now for the second thing....I bought an A10 instead of a manual because I actually liked the A10 better than the manual when I test drove both. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a manual. The A10 transmission is very nice, but I miss shifting gears.

Now for the hard part....I've decided to sell it and stick with the 2008 GT. I'm sure I'll be taking a significant loss, but it's better than eating the entire cost. I learned a very expensive lesson.

I'll be going back to the dealer to see what they'll offer, but I'll probably wind up selling here on this forum or Autotrader. Be on the lookout.
This is why I decided to keep my foxbody, which is a 5 speed. I bought an A10 24' GT and love it. I daily drove a Focus ST for 6 years and got so tired of driving in the city, and having to shift a million times a day, that I had to get an auto for the new daily. Not upset about it. When I want to drive a manual, I can just drive my fox, which will forever stay a manual.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
This is why I decided to keep my foxbody, which is a 5 speed. I bought an A10 24' GT and love it. I daily drove a Focus ST for 6 years and got so tired of driving in the city, and having to shift a million times a day, that I had to get an auto for the new daily. Not upset about it. When I want to drive a manual, I can just drive my fox, which will forever stay a manual.
I'm having thoughts of keeping my 2018 for this reason but It's kind of in the way.