• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Interesting tid bit. Half of the new G87 BMW M2s are manual.
I was debating between the M2 and the DH Tremec. So glad I made the right choice. Never been a German car guy tbh.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I was debating between the M2 and the DH Tremec. So glad I made the right choice. Never been a German car guy tbh.

To be honest I am leaning toward the M2. They both have their positive and their negatives. I do actually like they way they look, but love V8s,.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wow, good luck, probably get more for it during summer months I’d guess

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I really enjoyed my 2008 GT/CS convertible until I was t-boned by an Escalade in June of 22. Took delivery of my loaded 24 GT convertible. Both cars are automatic but the a10 kicks butt. Drove it a little Friday afternoon because the sun was shining and the temperature was over 40. Performance pack summer tires are temperature sensitive and it’s still winter here in Spokane.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A 2008 is making you regret buying a 2024?

Hope you enjoyed your stay... :handshake:

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest I am leaning toward the M2. They both have their positive and their negatives. I do actually like they way they look, but love V8s,.
The sound of a NA V8 is also incomparable. Also depends on what you want to use the car for. Quarter mile runner / M2 smokes the DH tbh.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I have a nice 2018 MT with just under 16K miles on it if you want something in the middle.
S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse a0VvAGx

CrimsonRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Magnetic Mustang V6, 2019 Race Red GT convertible
to OP: you didn't like the IRS? the extra 200 horsepower? the better infotainment system?

I've had a manual 2005 GT, an A6 2014 v6, a A10 2019 PP GT and now a new A10 2014 PP GT.

The 2019 and the 2024 are comparable. The 2005 isn't in the conversation. It's not even in the same room.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
I'm going to say predictable, not because of the S197 in your post, but going with the 10R80. I feel if you would have gotten a manual S650 you may have had a different outlook
hae to agree with you on this one, I really wouldn't care for one if it was an Auto Tranny, its the connected feel of the manual that I truly enjoy with the power.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
For you to consider. Maybe the dealer will take your new car on trade for what you want. Yes you will take a hit but you won't know how bad until you run the numbers. It doesn't hurt to ask and maybe it might make you happy.
So, I went to the dealer today just to see how much of a hit I would take to get into a Manual. I would have had to pony up (pun intended) way too much money to make it happen. If it was only 5K max, I would have considered it. But It was A LOT more than that! Being stuck with the A10 is a good problem to have. It's still a fantastic car! That little exercise made me realize that the 2024 is going to be my car for a long time. And I'm OK with that.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
to OP: you didn't like the IRS? the extra 200 horsepower? the better infotainment system?

I've had a manual 2005 GT, an A6 2014 v6, a A10 2019 PP GT and now a new A10 2014 PP GT.

The 2019 and the 2024 are comparable. The 2005 isn't in the conversation. It's not even in the same room.
You are so right. It is a night and day difference in every aspect between the 2008 and the 2024. I was kidding myself thinking I could limp along in the 2008.

And I really don't have any issues with the A10. It's been performing flawlessly. I just think a manual would have been a better choice for me. In the big picture, it's not worth taking a big loss just to get back into a manual.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, I went to the dealer today just to see how much of a hit I would take to get into a Manual. I would have had to pony up (pun intended) way too much money to make it happen. If it was only 5K max, I would have considered it. But It was A LOT more than that! Being stuck with the A10 is a good problem to have. It's still a fantastic car! That little exercise made me realize that the 2024 is going to be my car for a long time. And I'm OK with that.
There ya go. There are days that I miss having a manual Mustang. 3 of my 7 have been. The last one being a 2015 GT.

Deleted member 60890

I have buyer's remorse with my new 2024 GT that I purchased about 4 months ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but now I'm thinking that I made a mistake for 2 reasons.

First and foremost, I have a 2008 manual GT that I love. It's been a great car for the last 12 years that I've owned it. I told myself all the time that I wouldn't buy another car until something happened to it. Well, I got car fever and one thing led to another and I bought a new 2024 GT. It's been a great car and fun to drive.

Now for the second thing....I bought an A10 instead of a manual because I actually liked the A10 better than the manual when I test drove both. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a manual. The A10 transmission is very nice, but I miss shifting gears.

Now for the hard part....I've decided to sell it and stick with the 2008 GT. I'm sure I'll be taking a significant loss, but it's better than eating the entire cost. I learned a very expensive lesson.

I'll be going back to the dealer to see what they'll offer, but I'll probably wind up selling here on this forum or Autotrader. Be on the lookout.
Need to call every dealer within one to two hours from where you live or however comfortable you driving. I drove an hour and a half for an extra 12 K for a trade-in. There’s a lot of variation on dealers because it depends on what their overhead is, and their business model. Just call and text many dealers and send pictures of your car, mileage and Vin number and ask them to bid on your car or better yet. Work a deal for your stick. I sold my 2007 GT/CS convert 5sp because I’m older and started having anxieties about killing it at a stoplight, which I never did, but I didn’t like the feeling. I got the 10 speed automatic and I can’t tell you how much I love it plus I’m not sure what mode I was in but when I came up to a stoplight as it quickly up, shifted before downshifting, the motor sound and then downshifted into a lower gear similar to what you would do with a stick shift. I couldn’t freaking believe it, I was able to make it happen a couple more times and I was in love! With 172 miles I haven’t used the paddle shifters yet, but I can’t wait. I know I probably shouldn’t do what I’ve been doing but when I drive by some cars or motorcycles, I give a little gas in the track mode exhaust system to tell them I’m here, it’s freaking awesome! At a stoplight I think I had it in sport mode and I gave it a quick little gas, not a lot and the tires tweaked! I’ve been trading in and selling cars as a hobby ever since I was a teenager and maybe only lost money on a few cars until recently when I bought a 2023, Mercedes-Benz S580 E hybrid electric. I only had it for maybe three or four months and my wife wanted to get the big SUV GLS 450 and I thought well let’s do it, I agreed to double digits loss baby, double digit loss. I could care less to get what we want. Life short, my friend, Live it while you can.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear! I would try more dealers if you’re bent upon switching to a stick - if not - enjoy the ride mate!! No remorse/regrets!
Sponsored