• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I can see how the c8 gets boring... Is the c4 stick? Turbo just too mellow?

True I haven't had a chance to do a proper test drive on one.

Then again if I lived in FL I'd get a subscription to Sebring or end up shooting myself in the head.
My CT4 was an auto. I actually enjoyed my Genesis G70 3.3 TT more than the CT4. Now, the Recaro seats in the CT4 Blackwing were awesome. Car really wasn't that quick for the money. I should have waited for the CT5 Blackwing but I was looking at a year wait
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I just have a problem with the +30k. The 4v definitely should have come with the v8 in n/a

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Everyday I read these boards and I think of how many reasons I am thrilled with my Mach 1. Thank you all for that.
I think the Mach 1 track packs are somewhat underrated. Real world performance will probably be negligible as well as the look overall. That being said I couldnā€™t get a decent deal on anything and chose to order the DH. Who knows when these things actually hit the showrooms it could go either way.

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It doesnā€™t have to be a Shelby because itā€™s a Mach 1. Neither does a Boss 302. Because itā€™s a Boss 302. :like:
DH is something my wife calls me. (Amongst other things).
Was looking at a Mach 1 in the showroom of my dealer & it was more expensive than my DH build & this was MSRP for both.
this makes no freaking sense and exactly why I went darkhorse

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
True but those things have barely changed over the last 5 years and so many on the road.
That in fact is the interesting thing about it. The body sheetmetal of the Challenger hasn't changed since 2008. That's fifteen years. And yet they still outsold Mustang and Camaro both up until 2023. To me that proves that Dodge had the perfect formula on those cars. True retro looks, class leading practicality, space, and comfort, AND gobs of torque and horsepower to go with it. Will truly be sad to see them go.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
That in fact is the interesting thing about it. The body sheetmetal of the Challenger hasn't changed since 2008. That's fifteen years. And yet they still outsold Mustang and Camaro both up until 2023. To me that proves that Dodge had the perfect formula on those cars. True retro looks, class leading practicality, space, and comfort, AND gobs of torque and horsepower to go with it. Will truly be sad to see them go.
The interior is basically the same in the Charger and Challenger and hasnā€™t changed much the last 5-6 years. I sat in 2023 Challenger and felt and looked just like my wifeā€™s 2017 Charger. It was really weird.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It also helps that itā€™s turned into the most attractive subprime credit meme vehicle that people will finance for 420 months so they can do burnouts at takeovers and post extra legal activities on TikTok

elrev07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
As a current C8 owner I will echo what others have said, the C8's luster wears off quickly. The engine is utterly soulless especially compared to the z06 and its just not as exciting after a few months of ownership. As a touring car I suppose its pretty good if you specifically want a 2 seater with the option to remove the top. Also had to spend 3k on an exhaust just to hear the damn thing, stock performance exhaust was beyond pathetic.

If I could go back I would not have traded my GT500 for it. But it was neat to experience a mid-engine platform with good handling characteristics.

I plan to sell within the next year and either:
Get a Dark Horse
Get back in a S550 GT500
Wait for S650 Shelby announcement

Sorry to revive this thread (kinda). I'm negotiating a deal for my C8 on a Dark horse with handling pack. The C8 is a riot..for a minute. But its definitely not exciting unless you're in it all the time. I miss the stick of my pony cars and prior vettes. I'm close to getting a dark horse at sticker and getting a trade value for my 1500 mile 23 C8 that I'm good with. I just have this 'ugh corvette back to a mustang' feeling which is irrational.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I would bag up a low mileage Mach 1 instead of a Dark Horse. They're a little stronger on the dyno, more unique, and will hold value better in the future.
Sponsored