• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue outdoor cover for the Dark Horse now updated with photos

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
The annoying part is that is a Ford accessory for $589, but a $600 option with the car. Seems it should been the opposite. If I had known it would have just ordered it separately from Ford Accessories.

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take it from me, the ford outdoor car cover will not last 12 months in the sun!! It’s very thin, blows off in mild wind and requires being tied down 24/7 in heavy wind even when tied down it will still partially uncover

this is the only car cover I’ve found that will fit raised wings, with front oversized spoilers and has a felt underlying and multi layer construction it’s made by a corvette company in California

Mustang All Weather Car Cover - Ultraguard Plus 300 Denier Water Resistant Indoor/Outdoor Protection for 2005-2023 Ford Mustang V6/Ecoboost/GT/Bullitt/Shelby GT350 (Gray/Black) https://a.co/d/1nKidGF

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
$600 for a cover is stupid dumb.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I wouldn't consider an outdoor cover myself. Moisture trapping, varmint enticing and paint scratching being the primary concerns.

If kept primarily outdoors, I'd consider a ceramic coating or paint sealer. Other products could be used inside and out to protect rubber, plastics, vinyl and leather from the elements.

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't consider an outdoor cover myself. Moisture trapping, varmint enticing and paint scratching being the primary concerns.

If kept primarily outdoors, I'd consider a ceramic coating or paint sealer. Other products could be used inside and out to protect rubber, plastics, vinyl and leather from the elements.
I have no garage daily outdoor car cover for over a decade, south Florida blazing Sahara they are breathable humidity isn’t a factory and never had issues with paint.

it significantly reduces washes between waxes and exterior maintenance

I also take good care of the car wax weekly, you obviously never put a cover in a dirty car regardless of the quality of the car cover

OP
OP

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
The only reason I went with the blue is because at the time of ordering it didn't state anything about it. Since the dark horse was the only mustang to have the option for a blue car cover I thought it would be for the Dark horse specific. The cover is only going to ever be used inside the barn for the winter.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Personally I wouldnt spend 70K+ on a car if I didnt have a garage to keep it in......would probably be saving that money for a down payment on a house/ condo with a garage- or if I owned an older home with no garage- would be using that 70K to build a garage for a future vehicle....

OP
OP

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Personally I wouldnt spend 70K+ on a car if I didnt have a garage to keep it in......would probably be saving that money for a down payment on a house/ condo with a garage- or if I owned an older home with no garage- would be using that 70K to build a garage for a future vehicle....
I mean I do have a garage. It is going to be garage kept when I am not driving it in the summer but during the winter when it's not going to be moving it's going to be kept out in a barn with a cover to protect the paint from anything.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I do have a garage. It is going to be garage kept when I am not driving it in the summer but during the winter when it's not going to be moving it's going to be kept out in a barn with a cover to protect the paint from anything.
That makes sense.....I would use the outdoor cover as well even though technically it is indoors in the barn....just curious....what do you do to keep the mice away? Im in CA but on the edge of town in the suburbs- nowhere near a city- live by a river (well at least its a river when it actually rains) but we do get mice- and they can be an issue - have my daugters and wife's car parked outside and always worried (especially when colder- they like to get into recently parked cars as the heat of the engine keep them warm) - so curious if anything you do to keep the mice away?

OP
OP

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
That makes sense.....I would use the outdoor cover as well even though technically it is indoors in the barn....just curious....what do you do to keep the mice away? Im in CA but on the edge of town in the suburbs- nowhere near a city- live by a river (well at least its a river when it actually rains) but we do get mice- and they can be an issue - have my daugters and wife's car parked outside and always worried (especially when colder- they like to get into recently parked cars as the heat of the engine keep them warm) - so curious if anything you do to keep the mice away?
Cats do most the job and dryer sheets work well as well. I barn my S2K every winter and have had no issues at all

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cats do most the job and dryer sheets work well as well. I barn my S2K every winter and have had no issues at all

Cool .....heard about dryer sheets- will try using....nice combo on the S2000 and Mustang- I've owned a couple of AP2s over the years.....great drivers car
Sponsored