• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
Carvana is not long for this world. Try again as Tax-rebate season gets into full swing (late March/early April) and Carmax may be a little more eager to acquire.
Another outfit to try is https://algonation.com/#sell-trade-algo
They soundly overpaid for my N4G Ecoboost PP1 back when used car values were nuts. Their major market is NJ where residents are accustomed to paying way past insanity for vehicles, insurance, housing, and food. :)

If you come up here I'll let you drive my GT/6MT but be warned, you'll beg me to take you to Ourisman so you can test one of their GTs as well. I have a really nice test-loop, and afterward throw all caution to the wind and buy one. :) :)
I'm sure you're right. I know I would love it! We'll see what happens down the road.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/QUOTE]
The unwritten law of Manuals vs. Automatics-
When you have one, you always want the other until you don’t. Yeah, It’s just like that.
You found out the biggest secret though….when the rest of the car is SO good we make excuses and are just…… happy. Until you aren’t.:giggle: Then you find out how much it’ll cost. And then, you are, because you should have been in the first place.
Very true! The car is a total beast with either transmission. Always a pleasure to drive!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Very true! The car is a total beast with either transmission. Always a pleasure to drive!
I’m 100% sure of that. I get a kick outta seeing y’all get your cars.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
You can say that again! My first car was 100 horse power. The last is the most powerful at 210 horse power. The only one that promises to top that is a 69 road runner being built with a 700 horse power Hemi. I had to wait awful late in life to feel something that buries you in the seat when you get on it.

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I've come full circle. Shortly after I bought my 2024 GT, something in the back of my mind started nibbling. I chose the A10 transmission instead of the Manual.

I did everything I could to justify that getting the A10 was the right choice. I did the paddle thing, used different modes, etc. Worked for a while, but then I realized I made a mistake. Nothing can replace a manual. So, I cut my losses yesterday.

I sold it to Carmax for a decent price price, but it was still a loss. I chalked it up to the cost of driving the car for a little over 5 months. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And I am very at peace with my decision.

Good thing I kept my 2008 GT Manual. It's in great shape so I'll limp along in that until I decide what to get next. Honestly, getting another 650 gen probably won't happen. I kind of like the styling of the older models and the simplicity (no screens).

I'll keep you posted on my next purchase.....

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I've come full circle. Shortly after I bought my 2024 GT, something in the back of my mind started nibbling. I chose the A10 transmission instead of the Manual.

I did everything I could to justify that getting the A10 was the right choice. I did the paddle thing, used different modes, etc. Worked for a while, but then I realized I made a mistake. Nothing can replace a manual. So, I cut my losses yesterday.

I sold it to Carmax for a decent price price, but it was still a loss. I chalked it up to the cost of driving the car for a little over 5 months. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And I am very at peace with my decision.

Good thing I kept my 2008 GT Manual. It's in great shape so I'll limp along in that until I decide what to get next. Honestly, getting another 650 gen probably won't happen. I kind of like the styling of the older models and the simplicity (no screens).

Well, I did it right this time. And I contradicted myself in regards to not getting another new S650, because that's exactly what I did.

However, this time I pretty much got exactly what I wanted. I bought a 2024 Vapor Blue GT premium (401A equipment package) with the Nite Pony package, AE, bembro brake package, and upgraded 12 speaker sound system. And most important...MANUAL transmission!

To me, the manual transmission makes all the difference! Totally different driving experience! The A10 transmission was very nice, but the M6 is a must for anyone that can still physically shift gears. The paddle shifters will satisfy the urge for a little bit, but not enough.

I'm loving this one!

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse Front side

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse Back

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse Front

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse Wheel

S650 Mustang Buyer's remorse To

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Well, I did it right this time. And I contradicted myself in regards to not getting another new S650, because that's exactly what I did.

However, this time I pretty much got exactly what I wanted. I bought a 2024 Vapor Blue GT premium (401A equipment package) with the Nite Pony package, AE, bembro brake package, and upgraded 12 speaker sound system. And most important...MANUAL transmission!

To me, the manual transmission makes all the difference! Totally different driving experience! The A10 transmission was very nice, but the M6 is a must for anyone that can still physically shift gears. The paddle shifters will satisfy the urge for a little bit, but not enough.

I'm loving this one!

Front side.jpg

Back.jpg

Front.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Top.jpg
Congratulations!

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang

Mind sharing what was the sticker and what did carmax offer you for it?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed

Nothing is worse after spending a lot of money that you are not happy with your purchase…I have been there myself a few times but mostly it was motorcycles…Today I do test drives before I buy in order to prevent costly mistakes but at least you know now for sure new is not necessarily better and manuals are definitely more fun than automatics except if you have only one leg or hit the drag instead of the twisties…

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing is worse after spending a lot of money that you are not happy with your purchase…I have been there myself a few times but mostly it was motorcycles…Today I do test drives before I buy in order to prevent costly mistakes but at least you know now for sure new is not necessarily better and manuals are definitely more fun than automatics except if you have only one leg or hit the drag instead of the twisties…
True...manual is the way to go with Mustangs.