• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyer's remorse

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
I'm ready to admit that I'll never be happy with my car as long as it's an A10 and not a manual. I'm now in the process of selling it.

If anyone wants a really good deal, let me know.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
I'm ready to admit that I'll never be happy with my car as long as it's an A10 and not a manual. I'm now in the process of selling it.

If anyone wants a really good deal, let me know.
Can you share more information about your car or possibly even the window sticker?

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you share more information about your car or possibly even the window sticker?
I will share more information in a couple days. I'm waiting on an offer that is due on Wednesday.

For the time being, it's a 2024 carbonized Gray, A10, equipment package, 3102 miles. Perfect condition. No issues. Garage kept every day and night.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
I was in the same dilemma. I was about to trade my gt350 in for a Dark Horse two weeks ago. I think I’ll wait a year to see what the reviews are from car buyers. In the meantime I’m now thinking of buying a 2020-2022 GT500 instead.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I was in the same dilemma. I was about to trade my gt350 in for a Dark Horse two weeks ago. I think I’ll wait a year to see what the reviews are from car buyers. In the meantime I’m now thinking of buying a 2020-2022 GT500 instead.
You got the real thing, GT350.

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
You got the real thing, GT350.
What I worry about is the extended warranty expires in March 2025 and I’m hoping I can possibly extend it another couple years but this 2017 Gt350 is getting older each year and I’m not sure I can get another Ford ESP warranty.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
What I worry about is the extended warranty expires in March 2025 and I’m hoping I can possibly extend it another couple years but this 2017 Gt350 is getting older each year and I’m not sure I can get another Ford ESP warranty.
how many miles and is it burning any oil?

OP
OP

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have buyer's remorse with my new 2024 GT that I purchased about 4 months ago. I loved it when I first bought it, but now I'm thinking that I made a mistake for 2 reasons.

First and foremost, I have a 2008 manual GT that I love. It's been a great car for the last 12 years that I've owned it. I told myself all the time that I wouldn't buy another car until something happened to it. Well, I got car fever and one thing led to another and I bought a new 2024 GT. It's been a great car and fun to drive.

Now for the second thing....I bought an A10 instead of a manual because I actually liked the A10 better than the manual when I test drove both. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a manual. The A10 transmission is very nice, but I miss shifting gears.

Now for the hard part....I've decided to sell it and stick with the 2008 GT. I'm sure I'll be taking a significant loss, but it's better than eating the entire cost. I learned a very expensive lesson.

I'll be going back to the dealer to see what they'll offer, but I'll probably wind up selling here on this forum or Autotrader. Be on the lookout.
Well, I've come full circle. The offers that I received from Carmax and Carvana were not quite high enough to justify selling and basically starting over again. I'm approaching the the 5 month mark with the A10 and I really don't have anything to complain about. It's an awesome car with either transmission. There are definitely times when I think it would be nice to be shifting gears. However, it's also nice not to shift gears at times. Parting with the car for a significant loss just to shift gears is not something I'm ready to do right now. In a couple of years...maybe. BTW, Carvana offered 2K less than Carmax, but they were both several thousand more the the stealers!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
BTW, Carvana offered 2K less than Carmax, but they were both several thousand more the the stealers!
Carvana is not long for this world. Try again as Tax-rebate season gets into full swing (late March/early April) and Carmax may be a little more eager to acquire.
Another outfit to try is https://algonation.com/#sell-trade-algo
They soundly overpaid for my N4G Ecoboost PP1 back when used car values were nuts. Their major market is NJ where residents are accustomed to paying way past insanity for vehicles, insurance, housing, and food. :)

If you come up here I'll let you drive my GT/6MT but be warned, you'll beg me to take you to Ourisman so you can test one of their GTs as well. I have a really nice test-loop, and afterward throw all caution to the wind and buy one. :) :)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
/QUOTE]
Well, I've come full circle. The offers that I received from Carmax and Carvana were not quite high enough to justify selling and basically starting over again. I'm approaching the the 5 month mark with the A10 and I really don't have anything to complain about. It's an awesome car with either transmission. There are definitely times when I think it would be nice to be shifting gears. However, it's also nice not to shift gears at times. Parting with the car for a significant loss just to shift gears is not something I'm ready to do right now. In a couple of years...maybe. BTW, Carvana offered 2K less than Carmax, but they were both several thousand more the the stealers!
The unwritten law of Manuals vs. Automatics-
When you have one, you always want the other until you don’t. Yeah, It’s just like that.
You found out the biggest secret though….when the rest of the car is SO good we make excuses and are just…… happy. Until you aren’t.:giggle: Then you find out how much it’ll cost. And then, you are, because you should have been in the first place.
Sponsored

Last edited: