• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Agreed, C8 much better sport cars for the money, but it is missing the manual transmission, which is a deal breaker for a lot of folks that enjoy the driving engagement of a manual. A lot for guys traded their C7 manuals for C8s and many of them love the car but got bored after a while and missed shifting.
I have a really good friend of mine who has both a C8 and a C7. He is going to get rid of the C8....because the C7 is more fun to drive because of the Manual Transmission the C7.
Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Convertible, 2016 F150 XLT
I got the only allocation at my local dealer at MSRP. In Canada - DH 700A, auto, handling package, dh appearance pack.
About $90ā€™000 CDN + tax.
Just feel like a lot for a non Shelby Mustang.
I spent less on my 2017 c7 grand sport. Much less of a ZL1 in 2015.

Still on the fence due to sticker shock but I think thatā€™s the world these days

Was the Mach1 priced too high and now the Dark Horse - priced too high? Essentially a GT with some track ready features.
I'd cancel the order and get a '22 Mach 1.
Local dealer to me, Fraser Ford in Cobourg, Ontario has one for around $81,000 ā€ $2500 UNDER MSRP.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I'd cancel the order and get a '22 Mach 1.
Local dealer to me, Fraser Ford in Cobourg, Ontario has one for around $81,000 ā€ $2500 UNDER MSRP.
Iā€™m sure thatā€™s missing a few options at 81K MSRP.

For 10K CDN more Iā€™d rather the DH. Mach1 started the whole over priced non Shelby thing.

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is why I don't like purchasing these cars right away when they come out. I know it's hard to wait.. but look what happened to the GT350 and 500... eventually pricing calmed down. IF... you can wait there will be deals down the road. If you want to be the first then you have to pay to play.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Convertible, 2016 F150 XLT

For 10K CDN more Iā€™d rather the DH. Mach1 started the whole over priced non Shelby thing.
Was just offering an option. Hopefully you get over your buyer's remorse soon.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
In my opinion if you don't need the +2 seats of the DH for that price point the C8 is the car to go for. Better performance, a huge leap in build and material quality, great (optional) features like driving recorder, front camera, heated/cooled sportsseats, HUD, etc.

If going for a Mustang7 I would choose a GT w PP1 and spend the saved $10k on customization/ mods. Aftermarket exhaust, bodyparts, better fitting 20 inch wheels, etc will result in a way more impressive car than a Dark Horse is for the price.
Agree. Ford did nothing on the tech side of any value...they added some glued on iPad screens that I guess are cool if you are going to sit and play the latest Halo in your car. No PDR, no heads up, no camera...everything you just rattled off. This tech refresh everyone is praising is rubbish at best. I think it is a step back due to the assbackwards placement.

Shelby brake package is nice from a looks standpoint...the Mach 1 team said they were not really necessary for track work and track reviews have borne that out. Let's face it...they held stuff off the mach 1 to have a selling point for DH/S650. I absolutely think the dual intake 5.0 was headed to the Mach 1 but was held off because emissions are getting so restrictive they had no other option. The DH really wouldn't sell if it had the same power plant as the outgoing top of the line S550 5.0. Especially if this shit interior upgrade is all they had to lean on.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

It doesnā€™t have to be a Shelby because itā€™s a Mach 1. Neither does a Boss 302. Because itā€™s a Boss 302. :like:
DH is something my wife calls me. (Amongst other things).

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I have a really good friend of mine who has both a C8 and a C7. He is going to get rid of the C8....because the C7 is more fun to drive because of the Manual Transmission the C7.
I am not surprised. The C8 is a nice vehicle, a lot more refined, improved interior, etc. but it is too quiet and while the DCT rips through shifts it gets old pretty quick. I drove one on track and the handling is incredible and the best part of the car for me. That said, you can't really enjoy that level of handling on the street.

The other issue is after you see and hear the C8 Z06 it is hard to really have the same feelings for the C8 Stingray. You will always long for the Z06 exhaust note.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
This is why I don't like purchasing these cars right away when they come out. I know it's hard to wait.. but look what happened to the GT350 and 500... eventually pricing calmed down. IF... you can wait there will be deals down the road. If you want to be the first then you have to pay to play.
If I can find a GT500 2022 at MSRP in would take it, they all priced 20-30
Was just offering an option. Hopefully you get over your buyer's remorse soon.
Sorry if I came off wrong , appreciate the input. I think itā€™s the sticker shock of the American muscle cars no long being a performance bargain like they use to be before the world economy went all weird.

originally I sold my C7 in 2021 thinking I can get a c8 in 2022; budgeted ~90K back then. Still waiting on a list for the C8 so had a chance to pull trigger on DH with firm allocation and did it, hoping I get over my buyer remorse aswell.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
I think it's a lot -

But when you put it up against other vehicles (other than the Camaro best bang for your buck honestly) although the C8 isn't really in the same class, well sort of - but what you get for $70K vs a similar build in a C8 at $87K obviously is $17K less.

I owned a 2023 C8 for about a month didn't like it at all - it was a F'ing nightmare to work on. You almost need to be Gumby to bend yourself into contortions to work in the engine bay or rig a hoisting belt and hook yourself up to an engine lift and have your wife position you flying mid air over the engine to reach shit - get oughta here ...!!! Got rid of that dog in about 40 days... No offense to all the Corvette guys and I have owned quite a few mostly C6 and 7 - to each their own, just not for me luckily it was still sought after so I didn't loose any money.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black #H1095
Yeah thatā€™s way too much money for what it is but car manufacturers are getting away with it because somehow thereā€™s still demand for these cars and people are still paying ADM. Really makes me wonder how thereā€™s so much demand when the median household is making 70,000 a year. But back to the point, at that price range you probably have better options out there in terms of pure performance and probably also build quality as ford has been hit and miss lately.
Because there are a lot of people willing to go into debt up to their eyeballs in order to buy the shiniest new toy.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
Because there are a lot of people willing to go into debt up to their eyeballs in order to buy the shiniest new toy.
Apparently dealers are encouraging people to default on their existing car loans so that it can be repoā€™d and they can take home their new car.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Hood scoops are as passƩ as hiking up the rear ends to fit bigger tires.
Not when the car is supposed to be paying a tribute to the original model.

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think it's a lot -

But when you put it up against other vehicles (other than the Camaro best bang for your buck honestly) although the C8 isn't really in the same class, well sort of - but what you get for $70K vs a similar build in a C8 at $87K obviously is $17K less.

I owned a 2023 C8 for about a month didn't like it at all - it was a F'ing nightmare to work on. You almost need to be Gumby to bend yourself into contortions to work in the engine bay or rig a hoisting belt and hook yourself up to an engine lift and have your wife position you flying mid air over the engine to reach shit - get oughta here ...!!! Got rid of that dog in about 40 days... No offense to all the Corvette guys and I have owned quite a few mostly C6 and 7 - to each their own, just not for me luckily it was still sought after so I didn't loose any money.
yeah, the whole idea of let's put the engine in a "box" so that no one can work on it anymore is sad. If I were to get a Corvette I would probably go old school LS C5 or C6.
I've heard from a few other guys that the C8 was just numb... the auto trans doesn't help much. Don't get me started about the body design polarization...

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've never been one to buy new and take the depreciation hit out the door.
I bought my 350 used right before the pandemic hit for 54k with 1500 miles. Probably the last modern muscle car I will ever buy. Just not interested in the EV stuff and the new S560 is a step backward in appearance and interior with the ipads stuck to the dash. My neighbor took me for a few "pulls" in his Tesla.. felt like I was on a ride at great america or the Chicago subway/tram system. Yawn....
Not a lot of cars feel engaging anymore like you have to actually drive them.
I'll be living my retirements years driving around in pre 2020 model years for as long as I can.
Every year my 350 feels more and more valuable to me.
Sponsored