• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I've never been one to buy new and take the depreciation hit out the door.
I bought my 350 used right before the pandemic hit for 54k with 1500 miles. Probably the last modern muscle car I will ever buy. Just not interested in the EV stuff and the new S560 is a step backward in appearance and interior with the ipads stuck to the dash. My neighbor took me for a few "pulls" in his Tesla.. felt like I was on a ride at great america or the Chicago subway/tram system. Yawn....
Not a lot of cars feel engaging anymore like you have to actually drive them.
I'll be living my retirements years driving around in pre 2020 model years for as long as I can.
Every year my 350 feels more and more valuable to me.
This day and age, I’m not too sure vehicles, too include motorhomes/campersdepreciate as much as they did before Covid unless you’re paying $5k+ADM.

Used car prices are ridiculous and I just read an article a few days ago saying it isn’t changing anytime soon.

You getting your 350 when you did is awesome!
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Used car prices are ridiculous and I just read an article a few days ago saying it isn’t changing anytime soon.
oh it'll change. about 6 weeks. "tax christmas" was a total bust for dealers. But some are stupidly paying crazy $$$ at auction even though the Floor plan guys but more importantly the CONSUMER banks are say 'nomass' and only willing to finance up to 85% which forces consumers to put downpayment to even GET a loan.

The bottom is going to fall out of cars. Just like housing in 2008. Probably worse. No, it won't roil GT350 or other "limited"ish cars, not for a while yet.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
100% agreed - and for the morons even contemplating buying a Demon 170 at $50 or $80 over you better be pulling the cash out of your ass cause NO LENDER is covering that … 🤣🤣🤣

oh it'll change. about 6 weeks. "tax christmas" was a total bust for dealers. But some are stupidly paying crazy $$$ at auction even though the Floor plan guys but more importantly the CONSUMER banks are say 'nomass' and only willing to finance up to 85% which forces consumers to put downpayment to even GET a loan.

The bottom is going to fall out of cars. Just like housing in 2008. Probably worse. No, it won't roil GT350 or other "limited"ish cars, not for a while yet.

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This day and age, I’m not too sure vehicles, too include motorhomes/campersdepreciate as much as they did before Covid unless you’re paying $5k+ADM.

You getting your 350 when you did is awesome!
Thanks, and just to clarify when I stated that each year my 350 is looking more and more valuable to me. I was referring to intrinsic value ... not resale appreciation.
"The last of the V8 interceptors" lol.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
It’s unfortunate as a prior owner of a 2020 GT350 the vehicle Carry an unfair stigma related to engine issues, oil consumption, excessive vibration issues (backing out oil pan bolts) etc, etc, for me although I loved the car (hence my Mach 1 and DH purchase) I knew the warranty would expire and I would be left to face the music w/o a Band. Plus any mod done to it would be a ladder rung for Mother Ford to jump out of the warranty. I weighed my options and sold it first opportunity.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Just can’t swallow paying $101K CAD out the door for DH, is it 2x the car as your 21 GT? No it’s the exact same motor. I’m pretty close to just not taking the DH, will let my 1K deposit ride for now and see what happens.
Definitely tough G....but hey if you can afford it (I assume you can) then I'm sure it's the right move once you get it.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I guess I’m jaded. I had a 2003 Mach 1. To me it was worthwhile because it came with 20% more horsepower in addition to the shaker scoop and an exclusive color not offered on any other Mustang and finally retro wheels you couldn’t get elsewhere. In short, the car was special.

It today’s world, ALL of these “special” Mustangs are cookie cutter. Bullitt, Mach 1, Dark Horse, it doesn’t matter they’re all the same engine. None of them are really unique. I understand that there are MINOR differences between them like decals and small interior changes but none of them are unique. To me it’s absolutely stupid to pay $20 or $40k more money for a car that has $3k worth of actual upgrades.

The fact that the new Mach 1 didn’t have a hood scoop built in the same mold they used in the 1960s like they did with the ’03 car was a travesty. The fact that a Dark Horse is commonly going to have a $85k sticker price and will have it’s doors blown off by 2018 base GTs with bolt on modifications is worse.
I just looked over the pricing guide and it seems like if you can find a dealership not doing mark-up on sticker price you should be able to get a well optioned Dark Horse for under $70k. Still insane, just not AS insane.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Cruiser, 2015 GT PP Premium
Update: Seems my ORDER has been scheduled for May-22-2023. Some of buyers remorse is going away if I really get this car early June. Beats waiting 2 years for a C8. Should be one of the 1st cars off the line.

I got the only allocation at my local dealer at MSRP. In Canada - DH 700A, auto, handling package, dh appearance pack.
About $90’000 CDN + tax.
Just feel like a lot for a non Shelby Mustang.
I spent less on my 2017 c7 grand sport. Much less of a ZL1 in 2015.

Still on the fence due to sticker shock but I think that’s the world these days

Was the Mach1 priced too high and now the Dark Horse - priced too high? Essentially a GT with some track ready features.
The Mach 1 handling package is a really fun car to drive, looks great, sounds great and everyone likes it.

Random middle aged men comment all the time, girls like it, kids love it. Most people who see it in person really like it.

It drives as good as it looks.

There is no comparison to my original 2015 GT PP, totally different cars.

Can't compare.

Worth it? Obviously none of these things are investments

So that's up to you

For me it was defiantly worth it

The glory of having the dream car

Making videos with it

Sharing it with my Dad, letting him drive it even though he's literally never let me drive any of his hot rods haha

Sharing it with my fiends

Making the content to share with people

It's a win win for me

Unless you can find something better and now...

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Question: were you notified on your build date by email…? Thanks …👍🏻

Update: Seems my ORDER has been scheduled for May-22-2023. Some of buyers remorse is going away if I really get this car early June. Beats waiting 2 years for a C8. Should be one of the 1st cars off the line.

I got the only allocation at my local dealer at MSRP. In Canada - DH 700A, auto, handling package, dh appearance pack.
About $90’000 CDN + tax.
Just feel like a lot for a non Shelby Mustang.
I spent less on my 2017 c7 grand sport. Much less of a ZL1 in 2015.

Still on the fence due to sticker shock but I think that’s the world these days

Was the Mach1 priced too high and now the Dark Horse - priced too high? Essentially a GT with some track ready features.

OP
OP

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Question: were you notified on your build date by email…? Thanks …👍🏻
Nop, I contacted ford performance chat with order number and dealer code. My dealer still hasn’t gotten back to me with VIN.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Everyday I read these boards and I think of how many reasons I am thrilled with my Mach 1. Thank you all for that.
Was looking at a Mach 1 in the showroom of my dealer & it was more expensive than my DH build & this was MSRP for both.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
curious by how much more expensive…?

Was looking at a Mach 1 in the showroom of my dealer & it was more expensive than my DH build & this was MSRP for both.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i mean as much as people complain about MSRP for the S650 they're being priced right in line with inflation compared to the S550 so its understandable that a 23MY mach with some extras will be on par or a little more than a DH.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I think a lot of people may not realize that the optional B&O sound system (previously part of the Elite Package) now comes standard on the DH.

i mean as much as people complain about MSRP for the S650 they're being priced right in line with inflation compared to the S550 so its understandable that a 23MY mach with some extras will be on par or a little more than a DH.
Sponsored