• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are the Recaros worth it?

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
I think that it all depends one what you plan to do with the car. If you planning on tracking it, the Recaros with the additional side bolstering are a nice feature. I track my car and have the regular premium seats. Their okay for track use, I've never had an issue with them providing enough lateral support. I do have Recaros in my Focus ST though, and they do provide more support in hard corning.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are taking it easy on track the Recaros are probably ok. If you want to drive faster, you will need a harness. And a harness will work equally well with either type of seat.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Do the recaros leave more or less space in the back seat? I ask because I'll be needing to fit a baby seat back there :cwl:
Probably more room with the Recaros I reckon, they look less bulky. I have a baby seat in mine and it was a pain in the ass when it was rear facing. Now that itā€™s front facing, the passenger has enough room at the front.(with heated/cooled seats).

Edit: I just seen someone post that thereā€™s way less room with Recaros. I guess I made the right choice for me even though the Premium seats felt more comfortable for every day use.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Hey Everyone! Would you get Recaroā€™s or would you just leave the heated and cooled leather seats in the GT? Thanks!
I love my Recaro seats. I just wish I had another set to put into my F-250.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If I had to pick between the Recaros and the H/C seats, I'd pick the Recaros every single time. I never, ever use the heating/cooling in my GT.

CarbonizedGT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
How about the best of both worlds. The newer S650s have Recaros with ventilated seats. I would get those if they will fit in a S550 and they are willing to sale them to the public.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
How about the best of both worlds. The newer S650s have Recaros with ventilated seats. I would get those if they will fit in a S550 and they are willing to sale them to the public.
I donā€™t think they have those features yetā€¦

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
The currently available options list says the opposite.
It also says so earlier in the thread.

Also, it's meaningless if your butt is too wide or your back is too hunched for the Recaros. :wink:

PS: My bum and my hump seem to fit perfectly.

CarbonizedGT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I could have swore I read somewhere that the Recaros in the S650 would be ventilated. Hmmm. šŸ¤”

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
I could have swore I read somewhere that the Recaros in the S650 would be ventilated. Hmmm. šŸ¤”
The early spyshots showed that the recaros were perforated and some screen icons and chinese characters made people believe it to be for heating with the said recaros. Much excitement incurred, with no official proof one way or another.
Then the order guide got released, full of typos, and stating that the recaros would not get heating/cooling. Some argue now that is still not official proof, just a carry-over copy-and-paste from the S550 guide.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Until you miss a payment,
and Ford decides to do an OTA software update to disable the ventilation. šŸ¤£

I'll take the ride quality of the Recaros over H/C any day.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I wished Ford would at least offer Recaros like the ones below like BMW did. They are superb (look and feel). I mean even if they charge me 5K for that, I'd say " shut up and take my money" and so probably do more people.

I simply cannot comprehend why (put the budget aside) the same recaros are being used now for almost a decade with merely small adjustments. I mean you can offer them as " base" model, and then you offer something more exclusive.....

S650 Mustang Are the Recaros worth it? bmw m4 sitze.JPG

creamz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford/Showstopper
Having DD'd the standard heated/cooled leather seats for almost 5 years and just recently upgrading to the Recaro's - the only real difference for me was not having an adjustable headrest. I drove the car from Texas to Ohio (~1000 miles) and that was the biggest drawback really. The number of times I actually used the heat/cool function I don't think were frequent enough that I will actually miss them. Nice, but not necessary.

The side bolstering you get from the Recaros though... šŸ˜—šŸ‘Œ

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The probably I have with the Recaro seats is that they LOOK like aftermarket seats. I really don't need them to say RECARO is giant letters. Replace it with GT or Dark Horse, etc..
Sponsored