• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Seriously wondering if this is a teaser or just a random model.. however... it does seem to have the lines that I can see under the camo.. Already checked the fusion and this doesn't match up with it..
1642306004430.png
I know you said it doesn't line up with the fusion, but I just pulled up uncovered pics of the next gen fusion, and the hood lines, and proportions are almost identical to this image. Not to mention the ground clearance on the fusion looks comparable to this pic, whereas it looks way too high to be the s650. I have two guesses, it's the next gen fusion coming to other markets, with a tweaked front end design, or it's that outback competitor that fords been working on forever.
Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
I know you said it doesn't line up with the fusion, but I just pulled up uncovered pics of the next gen fusion, and the hood lines, and proportions are almost identical to this image. Not to mention the ground clearance on the fusion looks comparable to this pic, whereas it looks way too high to be the s650. I have two guesses, it's the next gen fusion coming to other markets, with a tweaked front end design, or it's that outback competitor that fords been working on forever.
That's definitely not the Fusion.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That's definitely not the Fusion.
Any ideas as to what it could be? As stated previously, I think it's ford's outback rival. Would make sense considering whatever this is seems to have decent ground clearance, but also has a car like front end.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I don't know man, Ford wants to expand the mustang sub-brand, they're testing c8s, and we know Jim Farley is a performance car fanatic who has a hatred for GM. To me, Ford benchmarking a c8 either signifies they're going to make the normal s650 somewhat comparable in terms of performance. Or they're considering making a more affordable mid-engine c8 rival. Either way, enthusiasts will be happy.
They never build a Corvette Rival, I don't see what should have changed the execs minds especially while EVs are becoming more important. If the S650 really comes with a pure V8 it is a really risky business case on its own. My best guess for all the Gen 7 delays is that Ford already had long decision procresses to make sure they can sell this car for 7-8 years.

Testing hot new cars from competitors is standard in the industry. They always scrap the whole car down and reassamble it to try to learn something from them, finding out first hand what it might do better than your own cars.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There’s a pretty good chance it’s not actually anything but some random ford looking thing that doesn’t exist.
Possibly, but I have a hard time believing Ford would assign their designers to spend a considerable amount of time to develop a new design that was going to share virtually nothing with production models. Sure, it does happen, especially with concept cars, but I think they're trying to tease something here. If they were just trying to add another car so the setting seemed more natural, why didn't they just use an existing Ford model? Why go thru all the trouble if creating a new design if you're just going to show the front end in the background if an ad for one or two seconds?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Possibly, but I have a hard time believing Ford would assign their designers to spend a considerable amount of time to develop a new design that was going to share virtually nothing with production models. Sure, it does happen, especially with concept cars, but I think they're trying to tease something here. If they were just trying to add another car so the setting seemed more natural, why didn't they just use an existing Ford model? Why go thru all the trouble if creating a new design if you're just going to show the front end in the background if an ad for one or two seconds?
I have a buddy that does CG animation for advertisements. They are done by a third party ad company. They sometimes supply assets for use but usually only minimal, if any at all. Usually left up the the ad company to do all that work.

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
Jem......would you say this is closer to S650 than the sculpture?

Obviously, I'm expecting an "open" grille, but if the bumper treatment, including the air intakes, looks like this, I'll be happy.

S650 Render 4.jpg
Interestingly, a mug, licenced by Ford, has been made with this exact image, connecting it with the Mustang Mach-E;-)

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Mug.JPEG

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, the image was released as part of the official images from the Mach E launch. But it looked nothing like the Mach E was was clearly a 2 door coupe. Weird, as every other image was obviously Mach E based

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yeah, the image was released as part of the official images from the Mach E launch. But it looked nothing like the Mach E was was clearly a 2 door coupe. Weird, as every other image was obviously Mach E based
Speaking of sketches shown alongside mach-e sketches that are clearly coupe based.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ mustang sketch

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Mustang sketch 2

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
That one with the red background (Sorry for the terrible resolution) is actually similar to another mustang sketch that was shown with the mach-e sketches, but I've never seen that particular sketch posted. Also, the sketch below was a proposal for the s550, but I would love if the s650 took cues from it.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Mustang sketch 3
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ mustang taillights

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
That one with the red background (Sorry for the terrible resolution) is actually similar to another mustang sketch that was shown with the mach-e sketches, but I've never seen that particular sketch posted. Also, the sketch below was a proposal for the s550, but I would love if the s650 took cues from it.
Mustang sketch 3.jpg
mustang taillights.jpg
Is this from a video ?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Is this from a video ?

Yes, but it's just a vid discussing the design of the s550. You can see most of the design themes and sketches they considered. Interesting vid for sure, but it doesn't pertain to the s650. Just would be cool if some of those sketches were used as inspirational for the s650. Also gives you a cool glimpse into the world of car design.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Mustang sketch 3.jpg
mustang taillights.jpg
Tried to Get You a Little Better Picture Kev.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1645331824570

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1645328208486

Spare Kind of Matches the Older Brake Version of the
S650 Spyshots Except for Single Ridge Instead of Double.
Sponsored

Last edited: