• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Rear Styling Debate

Rear Styling: S650 VS S550

• I have no opinion. I know my place.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I found it interesting how an individual's likes (mine in this case) change over the course of a couple or three years. I absolutely disliked the tail of the Gen 6 Mustang when it came out because of the seemingly overt slant. But then it grew on me so much that I now love the look. I was surprised that I was smitten by the seemingly subtle 2018 taillight change, smitten to the point that I purchased a 2019. As for the Gen 7, tail end, I'm finding the vehicle color makes a big difference with my likes. I love the rear view in Ingot Silver, but others....well, they'll have to grow on me. Of course, if a trunk panel is blacked out, that may change my opinion on each color as well. We'll see.
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
When will Ford (and almost everyone else) take the Porsche hint and stay within bounds of what is a clearly recognized evolution? As a 62-year-old, I'll say I hated the Fox-bodies through the SN92s... Love the S197s and 550s... 650s are moving away... Looking more like Camaros
Here’s a little trip down memory lane...

Remember when Ford oriented Mustang taillight lens horizontal in the ‘80’s?​

Remember when Ford introduced the horizontal taillight lens in 1994?​

Remember when Ford planned to replace the Mustang with the front wheel drive ST-16 Probe (intending to call prior Mustangs “Mustang Classics” ultimately badging the Probe as The Mustang)?​

Today’s designers want to ensure relevancy with somewhat frequent changes as we in the U.S.A especially get bored with designs after a couple years. Through listening to folks like us in forums, good automobile companies learn what the current definition of relevancy is. So while they cannot please everyone, they won't know our wishes if we keep silent.