• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Exterior side styling changes

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
This has probably been discussed before, but the one thing I think the S650 is missing, especially with their special models like the Dark Horse, is their side view styling changes.

I know some have strong opinions against decals, but I feel like a unique decal side stripe would help a ton with the otherwise single tone side profiles. Maybe something similar to the GT500 or Mach 1 side stripes.

The other thing I think will help a lot is side scoops. I know Ford has quarter window louvers available already which is great, but I love the side scoops of the New Edge, the recent California Specials, etc.

S650 Mustang Exterior side styling changes Screenshot_20230611_142011_Facebook
S650 Mustang Exterior side styling changes Screenshot_20230611_142129_Facebook

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Side scoops ONLY if they’re functional…I.e. feeding air to the rear mounted engine
They've never been functional on a mustang, and I'm ok with that. I still like the style of them.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am not one for stripes at all. Prefer a clean look. Then I ran across this one. At first I was turned off by the over the top stripe, but after looking at the pic that showed the top and side, it looks amazing. Really liked the colors. The rocker stripe really made the whole thing work for me. And kudos to the guy who did it himself. Thinking about doing this.

Mach 1 Stripes

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I think for some colors, yes, a rocker stripe, over-the-top or door ghost stripe will compliment.

The type or style of wheels will make a difference as well.

I'm sure the aftermarket will provide, or a detail/body shop could fab some.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Fair opinion. I just think without those it's way too plain.
That's why I choose the Nite Pony Package for a good contrast of all things.

Race Red car, with black roof, black wheels, black spoiler and black emblems. Makes the car stand out.

And mayne some red brake calipers.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I am not one for stripes at all. Prefer a clean look. Then I ran across this one. At first I was turned off by the over the top stripe, but after looking at the pic that showed the top and side, it looks amazing. Really liked the colors. The rocker stripe really made the whole thing work for me. And kudos to the guy who did it himself. Thinking about doing this.

Mach 1 Stripes
ehhhh, I liked mine just as it came from Ford
S650 Mustang Exterior side styling changes IMG_7021

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
ehhhh, I liked mine just as it came from Ford
IMG_7021.jpeg
I like that base color a whole lot. Would have gotten that if it was a choice. Ok with the design of the stripes, but not a fan (as in I wouldn't want it on my car).

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I like that base color a whole lot. Would have gotten that if it was a choice. Ok with the design of the stripes, but not a fan (as in I wouldn't want it on my car).
I fell in love with Fighter Jet Grey as soon as I saw it

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I like the idea of a side vent, something more substantial than a sticker package. But I also want something functional. I say flip the vent, put it behind the front wheels like what we had on the gt350.

This is a different project, just a unique muscle car design I'm working on. But the side profile sketch with a blacked out vent running into the side skirt shows what I'm thinking of. Just toned down a bit if it made it to production.

S650 Mustang Exterior side styling changes IMG_20230611_153402

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
I like the idea of a side vent, something more substantial than a sticker package. But I also want something functional. I say flip the vent, put it behind the front wheels like what we had on the gt350.

This is a different project, just a unique muscle car design I'm working on. But the side profile sketch with a blacked out vent running into the side skirt shows what I'm thinking of. Just toned down a bit if it made it to production.

IMG_20230611_153402.png
looks similar to a late ‘70’s GT500 (I.e. Eleanor).
Sponsored