• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Exterior side styling changes

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, that's why I did Oxford white with PP + NP. Blacked out badges, headlamps, mirrors, roof and spoiler will give a good contrast.
Storm Trooper

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not quite. The scoops on the '65 GT350 fed air to the rear brakes :)
As I recall, the first versions of the SN95 side scoops did that as well. That was changed with the mid-cycle update.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I had a 2003, but I was never a fan of the Fox Body styling, nor of the 5th gen; the 6th gen was the first Mustang that really appealed to me. The 7th gen is an improvement with a cleaner design; as in all things style related, it's very subjective. I'm not generally a fan of stripes, but they can work for some cars; I had side stripes on my old 2010 Challenger, and they did help appearances.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The S650 looks to have limited room in that pocket area for a scoop. May pose a challenge. In general I think the right scoop looked good on the S550. I do like the RTR scheme on their 24'.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
If there is ever a California Special S650, it will have some sort of faux scoop.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'll say that as the mustang has gotten sleeker, the rear fake side scoops have looked less and less natural to me and more tacked on. The s550 looks goofy as hell to me with aftermarket scoops.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'll say that as the mustang has gotten sleeker, the rear fake side scoops have looked less and less natural to me and more tacked on. The s550 looks goofy as hell to me with aftermarket scoops.
I had a 2004 New Edge SN95 Mustang with fake side scoops and a hood scoop glued on, and those were my biggest issues with the exterior. I think the styling of the subsequent versions look even less appropriate for side scoops.

OP
OP
NightSurgeX2

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I had a 2004 New Edge SN95 Mustang with fake side scoops and a hood scoop glued on, and those were my biggest issues with the exterior. I think the styling of the subsequent versions look even less appropriate for side scoops.
I have had multiple new edge including my current Mach 1, and a 2012 GT, all with side and hood scoops (shaker scoop for Mach 1). I've loved them on all those. I haven't owned anything more recent so my opinion is probably heavily formed by my ownership so far.

I do agree my shaker is way better than the non functional hood scoops.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
That's why I choose the Nite Pony Package for a good contrast of all things.

Race Red car, with black roof, black wheels, black spoiler and black emblems. Makes the car stand out.

And mayne some red brake calipers.
Nite Pony sounds like a bedtime toy for a three year old. Horrible name.