• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Rear End Rendering

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
There hasn't been an interior taillight located in a Mustang coupe trunk lid since 1969.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
As far as I'm concerned they can 1:1 re-use the Mach-E taillights. Together with the double brow soundbar they are the single two elements of that car that are worthy of the name Mustang.
That’s funny you say that cause I’ve always thought the taillights look super over-engineered. They have that extra lip that sticks out in the middle that adds this layer of nothing to the aesthetics…

JMO, what the hell do I know

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
When I look at the tail lights of the MachE I cannot unsee the rhino animal shape from the extended center section moving inward. I would have to use black in that section between the tail lights to fix that.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Yeah I like the Mach E rear lights as well, adds extra "depth" to the design and they're "Euros" by default which looks more unique. That's one thing Chevy gets right on some of their cars with offering the different taillight options without necessarily being tied to a limited trim.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I doubt these sketches are super accurate to the actual design. But I just though it would be fun to speculate about how the side and rear could look while we're all waiting. The perspective is a bit meh, especially the rear 3/4s sketch. I also prefer the sharpness the the upper left side view sketch over the other side view sketch in the middle, which needs better proportions to work. But it still shows the general shape I'm thinking of.

Mustang design sketches.png
Third picture reminds me of the t