• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandΓ©
Still want the Nav Map and Route in Front of the Driver, like Audi. Don't have to look over to the Center Console or Have to Interpret the Navigation Arrows on the Existing Screen. Don't have a problem with the Passenger having their Own Screen that allows them to update Travel and Trip Info that can be Transferred to the Driver's Display.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
1645541469169.png

The screen is too large but if it's better implemented into the dashboard I’d argue that this is what a modern Mustang could look like. The steering wheel looks much sleeker than that one in the Raptor and I can easily imagine a sportier version of it for the Mustang. Besides, it has a rotary shifter and enough space for wireless charging. Ford could easily reuse parts… I am just wondering how they could implement a manual transmission without needing to rearrange the center console…

I just really hope that Ford doesn’t cheap out and gives us a slightly updated S550 interior with a better gauge cluster (it can’t be worse) and a vertical screen…
I think Ford China went a bit too far with this one, the screen is just way too wide. Why even have stuff that the driver can't even reach at all.

I have the bring up the EV6 again, it the same idea as in the Evos, but looks way cleaner and still has a panel for climate and radio.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645622375605

I don't like the approach in the Mach-E and I think they just copied the first Tesla 3 and never really questioned the usefulness. Even Tesla went away from a vertical display. The human eye just has a wider field of view horizontally then vertically. That's why monitors and TVs are widescreen, they fit the area we can view as a whole. Putting informations, even if it's just the climated seats in the Mach-E, so down low that in no way you can access it and keep the road in the field of view is just bad design and downright dangerous.

But since Mustang most like would use a partsbin of what displays they currently produce I would go for the wider screen in the new Focus ST but being placed more centered for be in line with a typical Mustang design in the interior.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645622755597

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Speaking of sketches shown alongside mach-e sketches that are clearly coupe based.
mustang sketch.jpg

Mustang sketch 2.jpg
Where are those pictures coming from? Didn't saw them in the Mach E press kits back then. The sidelines look 100% spot on with the camod car. Especially the vertical rear creases and the lower lines on the side going to the door can pretty much be confirmed on the spied car.

I tried to upscale the Sketch a bit:
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ mustang sketch bi

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Found it, there was a Mach-E design stream was never released officially. I think they made a mistake and actually put on a few S650 design sketches

I made higher quality pictures of that:
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ mustangS650_sketch

They also shared this image, I ran it through an AI upscaling. The bottom one is a Mach E sketch, but the top definitely should be an original S650 sketch. Important to note: They called this sketch "minimal approach" which I would translate to "We copy the regular Mustang 1:1 to the Mach-E"

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ mustangs650_sketch2_upscale

The front lines seem to match what we saw on the spied one too. Of course the above sketch shouldn't be the final version they went with, but at least is should be close
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645692297136

That's where the silver one came from, sadly it becomes a mess when ran through upscaling. But I don't think this sketch belongs to the S650 since all sketches heres different Mach-E approaches.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ mustangS650_sketch3

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Note the side sill treatment on the red render............similar to the one used on the orange one. I do wonder if the guy that created the orange one has some insider knowledge. It wouldn't be the first time CAD files have leaked.......

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ S650 Render 16
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ S650 Render 14

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Ok I will grasp at straws here a bit, but this sketch totally has a concept of the final wheels we see on the real car to me. I usaed the not upscaled image for the comparison here:
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645693313210

Note the side sill treatment on the red render............similar to the one used on the orange one. I do wonder if the guy that created the orange one has some insider knowledge. It wouldn't be the first time CAD files have leaked.......

S650 Render 16.jpg
S650 Render 14.jpeg
I don't think so. The upper half of the frontend is 1:1 Evos/China Mondeo, the lower half of the front is 1:1 Mach-E GT. For the whole side he did the same approach as I did with copying the Evos/C-Mondeo lines.
Also the renderer had the backend totally wrong. It's missing the vertical huge crease we see on all spied cars and in the what might be S650 sketches. It's just the Mach-E tallight seciton copied on S550 with a strange diffusor.
The quality of the render is great, but it's definitely not based on details of the real car but on Evos/C-Mondeo and Mach-E

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Another grasp, the spied cars could indicate these multiple lower lines on the side. Might be a coincidence, but at the rear part they have taped exactly the same \_\ shape that is on the sketch.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645695132716

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Oh shit, I think this is absolutely is the real deal. The vertical rear crease with the upper panel being more bent upwards. The whole sidelines, headlights being in line with the upper wheel arc. The more open lower bumper. Even down to the strange hood vent on the center top that is camod on the prototype.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645695937251

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh shit, I think this is absolutely is the real deal. The vertical rear crease with the upper panel being more bent upwards. The whole sidelines, headlights being in line with the upper wheel arc. The more open lower bumper. Even down to the strange hood vent on the center top that is camod on the prototype.
1645695937251.png
Could be................could be! You've got a good eye, Ace :)

I know it's only a render and the proportions will change for production, but the first car that comes to mind when I see that red one is the Aston Vantage. The Aston is only a 2 seater, which is what that red render looks like, which is why I say the proportions will change for production.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ S650 Aston

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
1645695937251.png

I'm also sure someone stated it would have a side vent, too (whether that's just the GT or both GT and Ecoboost who knows). But that red render definitely appears to have a small side vent behind the front wheel.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Bottom airdam similar to mach 1 with fog light cutouts / air intakes, mach e like opening grille with a very well worked contrast bumper insert between headlights/grille and lower bumper
I definitely see a silver constrast bumper here πŸ€”
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645699137048

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1645699209395

Last edited: