• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I do see some similarities with the hood/bumper angle between this sketch and the spy shots

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Screenshot_20220219-233301~2

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Screenshot_20220219-233219~3
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Tried to Get You a Little Better Picture Kev.

1645331824570.png

1645328208486.png

Spare Kind of Matches the Older Brake Version of the
S650 Spyshots Except for Single Ridge Instead of Double.
Thank you my dude. That is an interesting observation with the tire. Yeah, I feel like that sketch would just be a really solid evolution of the design we currently have, really digging those taillights.

Reactions: JWS

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Looking back at previous styling proposals is definitely worth it though. This was another early S550 proposal..........those tail lights with the concave look eventually made it to the '18+, so some elements of early proposals still stand a chance :)

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ S650 Render 3

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Do you guys think the S650 would have similar features from the Ranger Raptor interior. Such as full digital gauge cluster, shifter knob and vertical screen?

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 6C1AAC74-BAED-4374-8BCA-5BA3D7EFB3AB

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No doubt S650 will pull parts from the current parts bin.........its just a question of which ones.

I don't mind the large vertical screen as long as it's well integrated into the dash/console. I can see the auto having the rotary shifter from the GT500, but I prefer the existing one, or the one above. As for the gauge cluster, the premium already has a full digital version, so hopefully a next-gen version of that one.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Do you guys think the S650 would have similar features from the Ranger Raptor interior. Such as full digital gauge cluster, shifter knob and vertical screen?

6C1AAC74-BAED-4374-8BCA-5BA3D7EFB3AB.jpeg
I hope it doesn’t as I would hope for a horizontal screen and Sync+ 2.0 rather than Sync 4 from the Mach-E. I tried an early Sync 4 Mach-e and didn’t really like it. It felt like an unrefined mix between Sync 3 and Tesla’s software… Maybe it was just the vertical screen or the missing buttons but I didn’t like it very much… Besides, I think the new Ranger Raptor interior looks already somewhat dated. The Mach-e was introduced in 2019 and offering a ’24 car that looks like one from almost five years ago isn’t a good idea, especially if it’s a somewhat Halo-car.

I do acknowledge the added buttons for heating in the Raptor though. Finally someone listened to the customers. NOBODY wants that touch screen bullshit. Make it optional and we’re good but don’t force me to touch several menus on my car screen in order to get basic things done!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1645541469169

The screen is too large but if it's better implemented into the dashboard I’d argue that this is what a modern Mustang could look like. The steering wheel looks much sleeker than that one in the Raptor and I can easily imagine a sportier version of it for the Mustang. Besides, it has a rotary shifter and enough space for wireless charging. Ford could easily reuse parts… I am just wondering how they could implement a manual transmission without needing to rearrange the center console…

I just really hope that Ford doesn’t cheap out and gives us a slightly updated S550 interior with a better gauge cluster (it can’t be worse) and a vertical screen…

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nah, entire dashboards that are a screen? Not for me. I'll take an updated version of the current cars as aesthetically at least, I think it looks great.

I do wonder if Ford were warming us up to a vertical screen when they showed the Lithium S550 electric concept at SEMA a few years back. As long as, like the Raptor shown today, it still has physical HVAC/Stereo controls, I'm good with it.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ Lithium concept interior

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

6C1AAC74-BAED-4374-8BCA-5BA3D7EFB3AB.jpeg
Digital gauges yes, will there be a larger touch screen? For sure, will it be the massive 12 - 15 inch vertical screens? Hopefully not, horizontal touchscreens are far more visually appealing imo.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
1645541469169.png

The screen is too large but if it's better implemented into the dashboard I’d argue that this is what a modern Mustang could look like. The steering wheel looks much sleeker than that one in the Raptor and I can easily imagine a sportier version of it for the Mustang. Besides, it has a rotary shifter and enough space for wireless charging. Ford could easily reuse parts… I am just wondering how they could implement a manual transmission without needing to rearrange the center console…

I just really hope that Ford doesn’t cheap out and gives us a slightly updated S550 interior with a better gauge cluster (it can’t be worse) and a vertical screen…
What if instead of having one huge screen in the middle, or going all the way across the dash, they had one largish screen in front of the driver, another in front of the passenger, and vents and touch controls in the middle? Maybe have both touch screens mirror the double brow of the dash in both size and shape. Would look unique, but it would also eliminate the touch screen in the middle obviously, meaning drivers wouldn't be as distracted by looking off to the side while driving, most of the display could be seen while looking straight ahead for the most part. Actually working on a 3D model for a compact ev truck right now, and that's the interior design I came up with. Actually works better visually than I was expecting.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
please no 10+ screen in the center. You know someone will write a screen that replicates the 4" and it's buttons on one of these abortions.

Why give the passenger a screen at all? they have nothing to contribute that isn't already accomplished by voice command or sticking their nose in their own/tablet and leaving the driver the hell alone.

without resorting to VW level of nanny-minding, the center <8" screen should be fold-out/up and be located as high up and forward on the sight-line as possible. no touch screen at all - it's WAY out of easy reach. Menu navigation by rotary dial with fore/aft motion and center 'select' button that is in easy and intuitive reach of the driver. And the screen contents can't be manipulated unless by voice command while in motion. When unwanted there is a 'screen off' command/button and can also be slapped flat into the top of the dash.

Cars are for DRIVING, leave the damn entertainment system in the house. The auto companies SUCK at it and get blasted by consumers incessantly in JDP reviews. When you FAIL year after year the answer to stop trying. Do you need to see album art of your mp3 collection? No. 40 characters of plain text gets the necessary data across. Do you really give a damn what radio channel you're tuned into? Of course not, there is station ID every damn 10 minutes and you already know what you're tuned into anyway. Why do you need visual reminder? Take some B12 vitamins.

The only redeeming use of a screen is moving map. That's why it needs to be high and forward. The Audi map in the gauge cluster is pretty lousy. The human eye needs TIME to absorb fine detail and that is not conducive to rapid glance band and forth to the road. Like a pilot's T-scan if the information can't be fully understood with a momentary glance it's useless and dangerous. That's what is so WRONG with glass cockpits.

The problem is the damn software engineers think a driver has all day to stare at the screen, like they do hour after hour. No, you get at most a 1/2 second glance. The information presentation must be simple and clear enough for that to happen.

Even looking at physical needle gauges I don't NEED to know if the number is 3, 4 or 6. I know where the numbers are without absorbing/comprehending them. Needle angle/placement is sufficient to convey the information. As if my ears couldn't already tell me where I'm in the rev range. Ditto speedometer. I know 80 is vertical (ed. it should be 60mph) so the actual number value is not important, the angle of the needle is sufficient.

Humans are VERY low bandwidth creatures. We just do lots of parallel processing. And designers have forgotten that visual comprehension of details is SLOW.
Sponsored