• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I wish I could see through the camo like some others 😛
HA! This reminds me of this time of year when football fans pretend to know what will come of the NLF draft and players.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I wonder if the high performance package will be available for this new Ecoboost Mustang. To be honest, I don't see the new mustang being much different than the current. Same shape, same light pattern, same everything. It's not as interesting or nice as I'd have hoped.
I mean, based on what we've heard, the s650 will be a bigger jump in design and tech than say, the transition from the '09-'10 mustangs. So it should be different enough. The s550 is so gorgeous, and has been so successful, so I can see why Ford wouldn't want to stray too far away from that design. Based on the one image we've seen from that gt4 teaser, the proportions look a little different. The hood looks a little longer, the roof shape looks different. If we can see some design differences when the car is under a sheet, I think it'll change enough to appeal to people.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I mean, based on what we've heard, the s650 will be a bigger jump in design and tech than say, the transition from the '09-'10 mustangs. So it should be different enough. The s550 is so gorgeous, and has been so successful, so I can see why Ford wouldn't want to stray too far away from that design. Based on the one image we've seen from that gt4 teaser, the proportions look a little different. The hood looks a little longer, the roof shape looks different. If we can see some design differences when the car is under a sheet, I think it'll change enough to appeal to people.
I just hope that Progressive Strength sculpture was solely to tease future cars for the Euro and Asian markets, and has nothing to do with S650 (especially given that it was shown at an Asian autp show). So far, that seems to be the case, with cars like the Evos and Mondeo obviously taking ques from it.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I think it'll change enough to appeal to people.
to get them out of a S197, but for current S550 owners? Ich optimistich, nicht.

Maybe if the chassis and drive-train is the peer of GM's Alpha(2) platform. eg. Magneride v4 on all trims except 100A, 101A and 300A. GT brakes on every car including all EB trims. If Ford would simply stop putting shitty-ass parts on cars that would be helpful. Nobody buys a Mustang as a 'cheap' car, they go to Kia (and get VASTLY more value for money).

I wonder if some of the delay is due to a hail-mary 48V light-EV retrofit.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I just hope that Progressive Strength sculpture was solely to tease future cars for the Euro and Asian markets, and has nothing to do with S650 (especially given that it was shown at an Asian autp show). So far, that seems to be the case, with cars like the Evos and Mondeo obviously taking ques from it.
Based on what what a few insiders have said, the s650 is kinda like the sculpture, but not exactly. Like the s650 apparently doesn't have that massive one piece grille that takes up the entire front end. But the roofline and other elements are apparently quite similar. I believe it was amk91 who saw the s650 during an online meeting briefly, and described it as being similar to the s550, but also taking elements off the sculpture.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Based on what what a few insiders have said, the s650 is kinda like the sculpture, but not exactly. Like the s650 apparently doesn't have that massive one piece grille that takes up the entire front end. But the roofline and other elements are apparently quite similar. I believe it was amk91 who saw the s650 during an online meeting briefly, and described it as being similar to the s550, but also taking elements off the sculpture.

The grille is the worst part of that sculpture - it gives it a catfish appearance. Omitting the grille design from the sculpture is already a huge relief.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
to get them out of a S197, but for current S550 owners? Ich optimistich, nicht.

Maybe if the chassis and drive-train is the peer of GM's Alpha(2) platform. eg. Magneride v4 on all trims except 100A, 101A and 300A. GT brakes on every car including all EB trims. If Ford would simply stop putting shitty-ass parts on cars that would be helpful. Nobody buys a Mustang as a 'cheap' car, they go to Kia (and get VASTLY more value for money).

I wonder if some of the delay is due to a hail-mary 48V light-EV retrofit.
I doubt that they opt for the 48V mild-hybrid system. The reason why many European brands do so is to reduce the overall fleet emission. My BMW 3 series has it and it does absolutely nothing. It generates 11 theoretical hp and should reduce emissions but one can hardly feel any difference or measure a reduction of emissions. However, even tiny number add up if you sell almost 500k units per year. Over 2 million if such a system is implemented on all cars ;)

In the Mustang the electric system will (hopefully) be useed to generate power instead of saving emission. Otherwise it will be dead on arrival.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
In the Mustang the electric system will (hopefully) be useed to generate power instead of saving emission. Otherwise it will be dead on arrival.
with the people in charge these days I am afraid power is the least of their concerns. They are in 'suck up to whims of the day" mode. And if you can show 0-5mph EV mode and auto-start/stop it will curry favor with the people screaming the loudest about city pollution and the evil ICE. It's all about buying indulgences for the sin of gasoline.
Sponsored