• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 S650 Mustang Ecoboost in Germany

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Give it a rest with your "be grateful" BS. We are getting a massively detuned car for an exorbitant price, if these numbers are correct, and apparently also won't be getting the handling pack.
Just like for the Mach 1, we won't get any Handling package here in Europe.

I fully agree anyway, I wonder what the american guys would say if they were offered a 453hp Dark Horse for 92K dollars 😒
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Euro7 has nothing to do with this. EU decided Euro7 would be basically Euro6d when it comes to emissions which is valid from 2020. It will pay more attention to brake dust and battery. Torque is lower as well. But considering US spec DH has 500HP and EU 453HP it's a bummer. Not to mention previous gen EU spec Mach 1 was 460HP. I know it's 'only' 7HP less, but this is a performance car and from a new gen you expect more!
The HP ratings should be taken with a grain of salt ;)

European ratings are different than US ratings. The so called 480/486 and 500hp ratings are the best possible outcome and the vast majority of S650 will never ever have numbers close to that. Most likely the GT will have something like 430hp and the DH around 460hp on a dyno.
The S550 also had lower ratings but in real world performance they were almost identical. We had the "crank" vs "wheel" HP debate already and some tried to defend marketing "crank" numbers but in all honesty it's a irrelevant number that has zero value. In addition, the US rating can be measured with any gas so they pick the ones that produces the highest numbers (101 EU=93 US octane). As far as I remember the EU ratings have to be done with regular gas (98 EU=91 US).

GT5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
We are talking HP not RWHP and HP seems to match what Ford claims. When it comes to dyno, they do the runs on 93 Premium which is EU 98 RON. US 91 is EU 95 RON.
BTW we did some testing and EU S550 GT is slower from a roll vs US spec. Both cars were stock.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Give it a rest with your "be grateful" BS. We are getting a massively detuned car for an exorbitant price, if these numbers are correct, and apparently also won't be getting the handling pack.
Then don't buy it - simple. Then you will have nothing to moan about.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go and buy a diesel pickup truck if you're so interested in torque
Well if you had half a clue you would realise that diesel vehicles have very long gearing meaning the torque at the wheels is not as huge as you might imagine.

Torque determines acceleration, power determines top speed - simple.

Drive a 200PS Honda VTEC screamer to understand why torque is so important - flat as a pancake below 4k rpm. Turbo car off boost - slow.

You bitch over your 7PS, but those that understand realise it is irrelevant.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The HP ratings should be taken with a grain of salt ;)

European ratings are different than US ratings. The so called 480/486 and 500hp ratings are the best possible outcome and the vast majority of S650 will never ever have numbers close to that. Most likely the GT will have something like 430hp and the DH around 460hp on a dyno.
The S550 also had lower ratings but in real world performance they were almost identical. We had the "crank" vs "wheel" HP debate already and some tried to defend marketing "crank" numbers but in all honesty it's a irrelevant number that has zero value. In addition, the US rating can be measured with any gas so they pick the ones that produces the highest numbers (101 EU=93 US octane). As far as I remember the EU ratings have to be done with regular gas (98 EU=91 US).
Exactly. There will be a 10PS difference between crate engines anyway.

10PS at 7k rpm is maybe 3PS at 3k rpm = completely undetectable to a driver.

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Well if you had half a clue you would realise that diesel vehicles have very long gearing meaning the torque at the wheels is not as huge as you might imagine.

Torque determines acceleration, power determines top speed - simple.

Drive a 200PS Honda VTEC screamer to understand why torque is so important - flat as a pancake below 4k rpm. Turbo car off boost - slow.

You bitch over your 7PS, but those that understand realise it is irrelevant.
If you had half a clue you’d realise that torque and hp are mathematically linked. To say that only torque and not hp determines acceleration is nonsense.
Where are you getting 7hp from? The dark horse in US is 500hp, we are expected to be less than 450hp.
As for the bitching, looking at your previous comments you seem to spend your life on here bitching.
Ultimately we appear to be getting a much inferior product at a premium price compared to the US. We are predicted to be getting less power and no option for handling pack.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you had half a clue you’d realise that torque and hp are mathematically linked. To say that only torque and not hp determines acceleration is nonsense.
Where are you getting 7hp from? The dark horse in US is 500hp, we are expected to be less than 450hp.
As for the bitching, looking at your previous comments you seem to spend your life on here bitching.
Ultimately we appear to be getting a much inferior product at a premium price compared to the US. We are predicted to be getting less power and no option for handling pack.
Much inferior :clap:

You are the only one 'bitching' on here. I am completely happy with the upcoming S650 spec as I know that on a day to day basis it will make NO difference to me compared to my S550. I don't want the handling pack so it makes no odds to me - mine is a daily.
Sponsored