• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang s650 posing in Ford Lightning ad?!

GT Premi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 '17 GT350R '20 X5 M50i
Like many have already said, the hood is too short. Looking at the snub nosed hood, thickness of the grille, and the ground clearance, it might be an upcoming Escape or Focus.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Hot take, I like that design, as long as it's for like a hatchback. I noticed how the hood and proportions looked very similar to the next gen Mondeo/fusion. So we could be looking at a fusion which is getting a different front end design for the N. American market. It's not the s650, the hood is too short, and too angled. But I do like those leds, wouldn't mind lighting like that in the new 'stang.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
By all things holy I hope you are wrong. That CUV abomination is not a mustang and a four door one won't be either. The real Mustang pictures shown this week don't look bad, but this "Mustang family" nonsense makes my blood boil...would rather see the nameplate die. Either way, I won't be moving from my Mach 1 anyways unless they completely told the govt to f off and made a 600hp NA GT.
I would actually love something like a mustang mid-engine car or a performance sedan. Don't hate the mach-e as much as most mustang fans, it's a good looking, decent performing hatchback, and it is a hatchback, not an SUV, regardless of what Ford says lol. The idea of a mustang sub-brand doesn't bother me at all, as long as the mustang coupe lives on, and continues to be badass. The way I see it, the mustang sub-brand can be the home for cool performance projects that wouldn't get the greenlight unless they had the mustang name. The mach-e for instance, is in my opinion, the next gen focus RS, in ev version, that we were never going to get in the states anyway. It's not much taller than focus, believe it or not, it's agressive, it's awd, it hauls ass. Something like a Ford crown Vic or falcon will never make it's return, but we could get another awesome performance sedan in the form of a mustang. Same goes for a mid-engine project, some people want Ford to make an affordable mid-engine car and call in the thunderbird. That's a terrible idea, the thunderbird was never a performance car, call it the mustang Cobra instead. After all, the cobra was ford's real response to make a performance oriented rival to the Corvette.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Based on some of the descriptions, I would not be completely surprised if this was S650 or a heavy derivative of it.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
You can also tell the ground clearance, and hood height of whatever that is, is too high to be a mustang. My guess is it's Ford deciding to reverse their decision to offer sedans in other markets, and it's a tweaked version of the fusion, or it's that outback competitor we've been hearing about.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Based on some of the descriptions, I would not be completely surprised if this was S650 or a heavy derivative of it.
No, the hood is too short, too angled, the ground clearance is too high, and look at the lower bumper. Jem described the lower intakes as being similar to the mach-1, those look nothing like the intakes on the mach-1.

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Not saying this is mustang btw.

Could be just a generic ford design 'inspired' artifact 🤪

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Eco mustang may not have GT lower air dam design 😜
It would be nice if there were differences between Ecoboost and GT at the front, at least more so that S550 offered, which was effectively a slightly different grille.

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
That is definitely NOT a Mustang. That looks like a Mondeo or maybe a Focus. The hood is way too short to be a Mustang. Also, it doesn't look remotely close to the leaked photo of the front end. We all need to take a deep breath and just wait before thinking everything we see or don't see are IT. I'm excited as hell to see it but....wooosah folks. lol

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm glad this thread has been bounced.......I couldn't remember which thread Jem indicated the Ecoboost and GT front ends might be different, which has now been confirmed by the recent leaked images :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree that it probably isn't a Mustang, but wow would that be awesome if Ford could get the Mustang hood to be that short!

I'd love to see 300+ lbs ripped out of the Mustang.

Danacblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1
Looks like the ETransit(Transit Van EV) revealed today.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
This car could definitely be a Mustang. Since Ford decided to rebrand the name, anything could be a Mustang.
We now live in a world where an SUV is a "Mustang." The name now has the same meaning as "NISMO" or BMW's "M" line. Hell, I'm surprised they called it the F150 Lightning...why not call it the Mustang F150.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
first one is the Mustang Mach E, if you mean the red one. And don't even start with the ItS NoT a
MuStAnG Bullshit.
It's not, it's a MOCKEry.... bullshit, there I said it. :devil:
Sponsored