• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang s650 posing in Ford Lightning ad?!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It's not, it's a MOCKEry.... bullshit, there I said it. :devil:
Eh, I don't hate the mach-e, shocking I know. It's not like it replaced the coupe, it reduces ford's total carbon output, which as ford stated, makes it easier to prolong the existence of the normal mustang with a v8. It looks cool for an SUV, it's relatively fast, drives well in gt form, and is far more reliable than most Tesla products. It also opened the door for the mustang sub-brand, which could spawn some really cool mustang models moving forward. Such as a performance sedan, or a affordable mid-engine car to take on the c8. These could all be sold alongside the normal coupe, would be really cool to see imo. Not to mention I met the head designer of ford's ev division when I was visiting a design school in Pasadena, as well as Tom Peters, Jay Leno, and the guy who designed the chiron. All cool guys, not gonna hate on the work of talented designers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It's not, it's a MOCKEry.... bullshit, there I said it. :devil:
It was bound to happen eventually. keep crying about it nothing will change. It's selling well and it's the reason we still have the V8 for the next gen. If you want to keep crying about it then maybe you'd be happier having no v8 for the next gen Mustang Hmm?

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's selling well and it's the reason we still have the V8 for the next gen.
Don't use this as your argument.
It's the F-150 having the V8 that makes it easier and justified for the Mustangs to have the mass produced V8 in the GT.

Mach-E has nothing to do with it, all things considered, wasn't meant to be a "Mustang" day one regardless what the company line is.

While we can't go back in time and change the past or see an alternate universe where it was called something else and if that decision made a lick of difference...
.. I'd venture to say it'd still be selling just as well or better.

I'd also guess, styling could have been still Mustang (or kinetic 2.0, 3.0...etc) inspired and Ford fans would have purchased it regardless. People were looking for an EV/Not Tesla, made by one of the big 3, etc.
Wonder how many sales it cost them as well, or would the people complaining not be the ones buying anyway.
Their decision got people talking (good bad or otherwise) and that was the whole point.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Don't use this as your argument.
It's the F-150 having the V8 that makes it easier and justified for the Mustangs to have the mass produced V8 in the GT.

Mach-E has nothing to do with it, all things considered, wasn't meant to be a "Mustang" day one regardless what the company line is.

The top selling F-150’s are the Eco-boost. The Mach-E is 100% keeping the V8 Mustang around for longer than it would have been here with out the Mach-E, period. The EV segment reduces the fleet MPG average allowing them to keep the gas guzzler engines. Nuff said.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm surprised to hear that the Mach E is selling well. I thought it was running at about 1.6% of Ford's sales. I also read that Ford is selling very few in China and half of the cars made in Mexico are being sold in Europe (not able to sell them in the US). The number I've seen is 80,000 world wide since release in 2020 (about 1.5 years of sales).

So, Ford is selling about 220,000 Explorers a year, and Edge sales are less than half that, so people are speculating that the Edge might be canceled because it isn't selling well. It only sold about 85,000 in the US last year.

For those who say the Mach E is selling well - can you explain why you would characterize the current sales numbers as "selling well"? It seems to me that yes some people are buying them. I have seen a few on the road now. But for the Mach E to have some significant impact on the real Mustang wouldn't quite a few more have to sell?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Perhaps it’s selling well compared to expectations or based on supply (could sell more if they could make more - turning people away)

TrackMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
I'm surprised to hear that the Mach E is selling well. I thought it was running at about 1.6% of Ford's sales. I also read that Ford is selling very few in China and half of the cars made in Mexico are being sold in Europe (not able to sell them in the US). The number I've seen is 80,000 world wide since release in 2020 (about 1.5 years of sales).

So, Ford is selling about 220,000 Explorers a year, and Edge sales are less than half that, so people are speculating that the Edge might be canceled because it isn't selling well. It only sold about 85,000 in the US last year.

For those who say the Mach E is selling well - can you explain why you would characterize the current sales numbers as "selling well"? It seems to me that yes some people are buying them. I have seen a few on the road now. But for the Mach E to have some significant impact on the real Mustang wouldn't quite a few more have to sell?
I wholeheartedly agree with what you’re saying (and hate that the Mach-E is associated with mustang anywhere). However, comparing sales numbers of a gas powered vehicle to an electric one can be a bit of a misnomer. Electric vehicles cannot fully function in many parts of the country (no charging stations) whereas gas can. I wouldn’t be surprised to see almost all the sales of the Mach-E being in coastal areas near big cities, where charging stations are abundant. In that vein, the sales are doing well? Perhaps compared to other electric vehicles (presumably barring Tesla) they’re selling well?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wholeheartedly agree with what you’re saying (and hate that the Mach-E is associated with mustang anywhere). However, comparing sales numbers of a gas powered vehicle to an electric one can be a bit of a misnomer. Electric vehicles cannot fully function in many parts of the country (no charging stations) whereas gas can. I wouldn’t be surprised to see almost all the sales of the Mach-E being in coastal areas near big cities, where charging stations are abundant. In that vein, the sales are doing well? Perhaps compared to other electric vehicles (presumably barring Tesla) they’re selling well?
I like your thoughts here. I'm not into the Mach (or SUVs in general). I just want to know what selling well means to people in this thread who say that the Mach is selling well. I mean, Tesla sold 930something thousand cars last year. Ford's not really competing with them yet. I would think Ford being a trusted name and the Mach possibly being slightly less money than a Tesla, plus the novelty of Ford offering an electric for the first time (pent up demand) - all that should mean bigger initial sales for the Mach.

We have seen sales slow somewhat this year, but I don't know if that's because Ford can't build them or if demand is really that low.