• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 design cues?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I like it. It's my opinion that if FORD wants to set the Mustang apart with it's own brand and sub models, they need to go big and make a big splash. The Mach e doesn't count. More like a splat.

No more of this new bumper/headlight tweak crap. Think of a jump like the one from the SN95 to the S197. But apply that kind of change on top of a 2022 Mustang.

The Mach e is not gonna save the Mustang. (The F150 will, LOL!)

I said "it" twice in one post, gonna go wash my mouth out now.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
Remember this? Probably our best insight into what S650 will look like :like:

S650 Concept I.jpg
S650 A.jpg
S650 B.jpg
Thank you for sharing, haven't seen the rear yet. Mustang is too important to screw up (caveat: look at the Camaro). I hope it doesn't get that massive grill...looks like any other car today. V8 hybrid would be cool though, best of both worlds. If it's EV only and everything touchscreen and no physical buttons (kinda like Audi), then the S550 will be my last Mustang.

Bruinfan1 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic Gray Mustang GT Premium, 401a, PP1, MAGNARIDE
I like it. It's my opinion that if FORD wants to set the Mustang apart with it's own brand and sub models, they need to go big and make a big splash. The Mach e doesn't count. More like a splat.

No more of this new bumper/headlight tweak crap. Think of a jump like the one from the SN95 to the S197. But apply that kind of change on top of a 2022 Mustang.

The Mach e is not gonna save the Mustang. (The F150 will, LOL!)

I said "it" twice in one post, gonna go wash my mouth out now.
The Mach E will sadly KILL the Mustang. And it's NOT A MUSTANG. The designers should be ashamed, fired and hung outside the Ford factory

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FO
Would really like to see them get the roofline and center of gravity lower on the S650.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
The Mach E will sadly KILL the Mustang. And it's NOT A MUSTANG. The designers should be ashamed, fired and hung outside the Ford factory
That’s rather harsh, dude.
It’s just a car, designed, built and marketed by mostly nice people who are just trying to do their best in a very competitive industry.
Chill.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As much as I dislike the Mach E, the designers were simply doing a job they're paid to do. Those responsible are the ones at the very top, including the now departed Mr Hackett.

If there's one design aspect I hope S650 borrows from Mach E, it would be incorporating the turn signal into the headlamp housing. I don't want a direct copy, but using the 3 LED running lamps as both running lamps and turn signals would be cool in my opinion.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I will never think of the Mach E as a Mustang but Ironically, I think it will SAVE it, together with other "derivatives" like the 4 door sedan.
Absolutely. Covid, the trend that customers now want SUVs instead of fun coupes and the whole electric trend is making pressure on many models. Camaro had a shared platform with ATS+CTS and many important parts shared with the C7 Corvette. Dodge is reusing the tech in most of their lineup from Challenger to Ram to Durango.

But the Mustang is pretty unique. There is no wide variety of Ford cars that share the platform or the Coyote engine. The survival of the Mustang will rely on sharing parts of the S650 with other cars. That's why it is totally plausible that S650s platform will share parts with CD6 and the V6-Hybrid of the F150. And it even makes sense to expand the lineup to things like a 4 door version.

Honestly, I totally love the look of the Audi A5 Sportsback models. Offer me sexy sidelines like this as a 4-door Mustang and I would absolutely dig it.
S650 Mustang S650 design cues? 1618904271068

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
Absolutely. Covid, the trend that customers now want SUVs instead of fun coupes and the whole electric trend is making pressure on many models. Camaro had a shared platform with ATS+CTS and many important parts shared with the C7 Corvette. Dodge is reusing the tech in most of their lineup from Challenger to Ram to Durango.

But the Mustang is pretty unique. There is no wide variety of Ford cars that share the platform or the Coyote engine. The survival of the Mustang will rely on sharing parts of the S650 with other cars. That's why it is totally plausible that S650s platform will share parts with CD6 and the V6-Hybrid of the F150. And it even makes sense to expand the lineup to things like a 4 door version.

Honestly, I totally love the look of the Audi A5 Sportsback models. Offer me sexy sidelines like this as a 4-door Mustang and I would absolutely dig it.
1618904271068.png
Agree! I think a lot of people who usually sell their Mustangs when they have a baby would jump on this concept. If I could only have one vehicle, I'd probably do, too.
Sponsored