• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Honestly I don't think they can. They did a great job upgrading what they have with S550 to make the GT PP2 and GT500 this good. Their engineer might be able to pull this off. But I don't have any hope in Fords management to green light anything that focussed on performance.

I even expect the S650 GT to only slightly outperform the 18+ GTs beside whatever acceleration numbers Ford can claim if Hybrid-AWD is true.
I agree on the competence of the management to green light this.
Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, cobra roadsters, Shelby Mustangs
On one hand, Farley is running Ford now, which is great.
On the other... this project was started under furniture guy.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
They should have made a Ford GT with a V8 in the Corvette Price range and had it be the competition to the Corvette.
Rumors of a mid-engine mustang are heating up. Ford's testing c8s, they had a sketch in the background of a presentation that looked like a mid-engine concept, something is happening, at the very least, talks and sketches are happening. Doesn't mean it will make it to production, but it's likely.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
On one hand, Farley is running Ford now, which is great.
On the other... this project was started under furniture guy.
Using the chassis and design of the excellent s550 as a starting point.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Rumors of a mid-engine mustang are heating up. Ford's testing c8s, they had a sketch in the background of a presentation that looked like a mid-engine concept, something is happening, at the very least, talks and sketches are happening. Doesn't mean it will make it to production, but it's likely.
A hard pass on that one…

The C8 is a gorgeous car but at the same time something completely different then a Mustang. The C8 is a sport-/racecar like an affordable Ferrari. It’s a 2 seater and well balanced overall.

The Mustang on the other hand is a GT, has 2+2 seats and isn’t meant for racing, hence the “GT”. If Ford is going to build another combustion-mid-engine car then they are fairly late to the party. I’ll assume that FORD won’t develop any further combustion engines from now on since they are going all in on EV from 2030 onwards.

To sum it up, “mid-engine Mustang rumors” are not heating up. They never have and they never will, unfortunately. Just have a look at the recent spy-shots… No way was that car designed mid-engine. S650 will have a Coyote (Gen. 4) and hopefully some hybrid options.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
A hard pass on that one…

The C8 is a gorgeous car but at the same time something completely different then a Mustang. The C8 is a sport-/racecar like an affordable Ferrari. It’s a 2 seater and well balanced overall.

The Mustang on the other hand is a GT, has 2+2 seats and isn’t meant for racing, hence the “GT”. If Ford is going to build another combustion-mid-engine car then they are fairly late to the party. I’ll assume that FORD won’t develop any further combustion engines from now on since they are going all in on EV from 2030 onwards.

S650 will have a Coyote (Gen. 4) and hopefully some hybrid options.
While I think we'll likely see a Gen4 Coyote, what are you basing that on? How do you know S650 won't launch with Gen3

Potential Gen4 improvements are also worth discussing. Return of cylinder sleeves? Stronger crank? Revised heads?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
While I think we'll likely see a Gen4 Coyote, what are you basing that on? How do you know S650 won't launch with Gen3

Potential Gen4 improvements are also worth discussing. Return of cylinder sleeves? Stronger crank? Revised heads?
Pure logic, nothing else. Gen 3 has been around for a couple of years now so it only makes sense to revise the engine. I don’t know what they’re going to revise but I’m sure they’ll will create 450-500hp base Coyote. In addition, I hope that they electrify that engine with a 100-200hp engines and around 50-100km of pure EV range.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
A hard pass on that one…

To sum it up, “mid-engine Mustang rumors” are not heating up. They never have and they never will, unfortunately. Just have a look at the recent spy-shots… No way was that car designed mid-engine. S650 will have a Coyote (Gen. 4) and hopefully some hybrid options.
I don't know man, Ford wants to expand the mustang sub-brand, they're testing c8s, and we know Jim Farley is a performance car fanatic who has a hatred for GM. To me, Ford benchmarking a c8 either signifies they're going to make the normal s650 somewhat comparable in terms of performance. Or they're considering making a more affordable mid-engine c8 rival. Either way, enthusiasts will be happy.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
I think regardless of what comes out of Ford as our new mustang, we’ll embrace it. I’ve owned stangs from the fox body platform and I’ll be honest when the SN95’s design came out, that was a drastic change. For the first time ever, I’ll be ready to purchase this new stang when it’s released. I’ll be looking to Saleen’s renditions, Steeda, and obviously a Ford Performance product. This will complete my trio of stangs.

Ford, try not to give us a controversial design like the new M3/M4. :D

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Seriously wondering if this is a teaser or just a random model.. however... it does seem to have the lines that I can see under the camo.. Already checked the fusion and this doesn't match up with it..
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 1642306004430

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Any chance Ford uses aluminum to reduce weight instead of wringing more performance out of current engine offerings ala F150? Or, perhaps increase displacement of the V8 to 5.2 and/or add mild hybrid via inline e-motor instead of going AWD? I'm guessing they won't change much on the current EcoBoost motor.....