• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Would you pay over MSRP to get in an S650?

I’m willing to pay…

• Total voters

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
🤡
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Up to MSRP and not a penny more. $0 add-ons of any kind.

Many of us were able to get fair, good and sometimes great deals throughout MY22. It's my understanding 650s, while new and in some instances unique (see DH), will not be limited in any way. With the economy headed in the direction of slowing down, prices should be moving in favor of the buyer.

Last edited:

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Up to MSRP and not a penny more. $0 add-ons of any kind.

Many of us were able to get fair, good and sometimes great deals throughout MY22. It's my understanding 650s, while new and in some instances unique (see DH), none of them will be limited in any way. With the economy headed in the direction of slowing down, prices should be moving in favor of the buyer.
I would agree. Plus, even during the heat of it the last couple of years, there were always dealers selling at MSRP and some under (i.e. Granger). At least on the non-Shelbys. Although, I know of at least one dealer near me that didnt even mark those up.

It took me about 10 minutes of phone calls to find out which local Ford stores were selling at MSRP when I bought my GT.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I sure hope you’re right.

Up to this point I put a ridiculous amount of time into trying to secure a Golf R, GR86, and even a GRC for a short period before giving up.The issue with VW and Toyota—and I’m guessing Honda, too—is that you can’t place a damn order online. You can “order” at a dealership, but all that does is override one of their inbound allocations by transferring another unit that suits your specs, but it still forces you into a stupid line at the mercy of stealerships.

I loved being able to order my GT with X-Plan on basically month one, and I loved finding my Shelby during quarantine and getting it just under MSRP. But my hopes are that a Ford dealership will just let me place a damn order through them to-spec and make my life easy.

I’ve got the patience of a monk at this point.

And to all of you paying over MSRP, please stop. It’s affecting the rest of us. That includes the $5k ceramic job and the $2k tint :)

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
But my hopes are that a Ford dealership will just let me place a damn order through them to-spec and make my life easy.
The thought of sitting down with someone and negotiating a deal was a big negative for me. That, coupled with my less than stellar people or bargaining skills would have put me at a disadvantage.

I placed an order through Ford's site, which routed it to Internet sales at the closest dealer. Internet sales are often more interested in volume than each individual deal. After an initial call to confirm I was serious, the salesman and I negotiated everything via e-mail. Once we agreed on price, I simply went in, he typed up the order and I signed for it.

He was happy. I was happy. And I got the exact spec I wanted.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
There are still 2022 GTs listed slightly over MSRP around me, have to travel many hours to get under MSRP. The Mach 1s and GT500s are marked up considerably(if you ever find one). However, I will not be paying over MSRP, it will be one of my conditions when I order. I do need to so some research on how to go about that though.

Last edited:

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
they still have ADM's on new '22 GT's in my area. I hope the whole thing comes crashing down and they're begging for invoice.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
You don't have any option for the people who want to pay more than $10K over MSRP!???

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I plan on just ordering one with A plan the day the banks open.
Forget msrp.

No dark horse(i could see an ADM on those)..... just a normal GT.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i'm hoping D-plan works on the dark horse, i was somehow able to get a D-plan price listed on my M1 invoice/price sheet and the dealer honored it, here's hoping that happens again
otherwise, i'll only go for MSRP

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
they still have ADM's on new '22 GT's in my area. I hope the whole thing comes crashing down and they're begging for invoice.
My wife has been cross shopping a couple of different cars, neither are Fords. Anywho, 2 of the dealers had ADMs on their crappy (in my opinion) cars. I told then we would not buy from them due to ADM. 1st dealer immediatly said they could wave the fee. The second started to explain it, and I said bye. He wound up calling and offered to wave it. Told him no on principle.

Found a dealer with no ADM and her new Yota gets here mid-Jan for MSRP which still hurts me, but Its the new reality I suppose.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
My wife has been cross shopping a couple of different cars, neither are Fords. Anywho, 2 of the dealers had ADMs on their crappy (in my opinion) cars. I told then we would not buy from them due to ADM. 1st dealer immediatly said they could wave the fee. The second started to explain it, and I said bye. He wound up calling and offered to wave it. Told him no on principle.

Found a dealer with no ADM and her new Yota gets here mid-Jan for MSRP which still hurts me, but Its the new reality I suppose.
Good man

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think I've even heard what the MSRP is going to be yet. I voted significant discounts, because I think the price is going to be higher than the previous generation, which was already too high IMO. But I'm really looking forward to hearing more information about it.