• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Would you pay over MSRP to get in an S650?

Iā€™m willing to payā€¦

• Total voters

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
i'm hoping D-plan works on the dark horse, i was somehow able to get a D-plan price listed on my M1 invoice/price sheet and the dealer honored it, here's hoping that happens again
otherwise, i'll only go for MSRP
D-Plan?
Sponsored

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I don't think I've even heard what the MSRP is going to be yet. I voted significant discounts, because I think the price is going to be higher than the previous generation, which was already too high IMO. But I'm really looking forward to hearing more information about it.
I figure itā€™s going to be what weā€™re all expecting, like an inflation bump plus or minus some rounding up or down

Iā€™m more concerned about it being $XX,XXX MSRP plus a $Y,YYY-$YY,YYYY ADM for an uncomfortably long initial production run

Been a repeat offender of crushing my hopes and killing my interest several times already šŸ˜Ŗ

24PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Ford Mustang
Ill just be a square and keep my S550 regardless of what happens with the pricing

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
I would happily pay $30k over MSRP to get a Dark Horse to my specs from a dealer rather than having to pay $50k over for a standard spec Dark Horse from the dealer's mate who just ordered it to flip.

For context I am in Australia and it is likely most dealers will only get 1 or 2 Dark Horses as it will be limited release. I am 8ish in the queue at my local and wasn't quick enough to put in additional orders at other dealers before they cut off pre-orders.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I would happily pay $30k over MSRP to get a Dark Horse to my specs from a dealer rather than having to pay $50k over for a standard spec Dark Horse from the dealer's mate who just ordered it to flip.

For context I am in Australia and it is likely most dealers will only get 1 or 2 Dark Horses as it will be limited release. I am 8ish in the queue at my local and wasn't quick enough to put in additional orders at other dealers before they cut off pre-orders.
Car enthusiasts have it rough Down Under šŸ˜”

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
D-plan is a program where those who work at a Ford dealer and their family members get discounts on vehicles, with some really weird restrictions
you can't get D-plan on a GT500 or Raptor, but you can get it on a Lincoln Navigator Black Label

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
You have to realize the mustang is built in a plant all by itself & has the capacity to easily build 150,000 units. Theyā€™re never going to sell that many cars so there is no reason whatsoever to even consider paying over MSRP

TheCur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wild Cherry Tintcoat ZL1 M6
AllStar Ford Prairieville,LA just for Reed
Went and book marked this dealer. Thanks, Reed.

Always good to have options and should I go for the Dark Horse, I'll be in touch.

To the OP: Pricing, pricing, pricing...

Right now I'm getting daily emails about 2021-2023 ZL1 prices dropping and they're already in my window of what I'll pay. Next step is pricing and availability from Ford.

May / June can't come fast enough.

Last edited:

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Keep the hype train rolling! I need the s550 parts and aftermarket to die down a bit lol

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
Went and book marked this dealer. Thanks, Reed.

Always good to have options and should I go for the Dark Horse, I'll be in touch.

To the OP: Pricing, pricing, pricing...

Right now I'm getting daily emails about 2021-2023 ZL1 prices dropping and they're already in my window of what I'll pay. Next step is pricing and availability from Ford.

May / June can't come fast enough.
Ford hasnā€™t gave dealerships any information about the pricing or availability at all , my opinion itā€™s going to come down on to options to me but Im personally leaning to the dark horse