• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
first and foremost this would considerably increase throttle response and top end power
Throttle response yes, but top end power? And considerably?

That would mean the engine is drastically different than the Gen 3 in order to take advantage of that much incoming airflow. The OEM Gen 3 intake is pretty darn good as is, with aftermarket intakes not gaining much in terms of power so there's no choke point at the intake.

I can't imagine the Gen 4 Coyote is that different that it needs dual intakes. Heck, even the GT350 doesn't gain much from its OEM intake, so the Gen 4 Coyote would need to generate alot of airflow through the intake manifold and heads and headers to need it.
Sponsored

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It would do it, but no where near as easy as a new intake. Increasing displacement brings with it a ton of additional required validation.
NeverMind the fact with 100mm bore spacing an engine bigger than 5.2 is damn near impossible

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yes, and this is why I mentioned 5.4 as a possibility. 5.2 Would be more likely though. They could just give us all Predator blocks. LOL.
Then they changed the bore spacing plain and simple now that’s interesting

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
5.4 is trivial with 96mm bore and 92.7mm stroke. The Aussie race car would likely have a different crank probably 95x95.

Lethal5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black '17 GT
Throttle response yes, but top end power? And considerably?

That would mean the engine is drastically different than the Gen 3 in order to take advantage of that much incoming airflow. The OEM Gen 3 intake is pretty darn good as is, with aftermarket intakes not gaining much in terms of power so there's no choke point at the intake.

I can't imagine the Gen 4 Coyote is that different that it needs dual intakes. Heck, even the GT350 doesn't gain much from its OEM intake, so the Gen 4 Coyote would need to generate alot of airflow through the intake manifold and heads and headers to need it.
Gen 3 made the best numbers with OEM intake no filter, then with a filter, then aftermarket.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
What's a dual intake without dual throttle bodies? :handsinair:

I don't see it happening, that's a lot of extra plumbing in an already cramped engine compartment.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder if he remembers that NDA he signed........
Based on the wording of his comment, he wouldn't have had an NDA. But his customer might be upset.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Looks like it wasn't meant to be a leak, but rather a private, personal conversation on FB. Then the leaker burned his friend by posting it for the world to see...

If this is true, his friend that builds the parts may disassociate in a hurry. No fun to lose a lucrative contract over something so stupid.

NDAs are there for. good reason. Ford deserves to be able to market the product and reveal things when they feel the time is right. It greatly adds to enthusiasm, which translates to demand. If it was the parts guy who spoke up, he. is going to be in trouble. The guy who sells to him will likely lose the part he plays and the "friendship" where this was revealed may be over.

Sheesh. Easier to just be honest and keep a secret that you agreed to keep.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
What's a dual intake without dual throttle bodies? :handsinair:

I don't see it happening, that's a lot of extra plumbing in an already cramped engine compartment.
I'm wondering if it isn't actually just dual inlets combining at one throttle body - not really a huge gain, but allowing for routing that maximizes cool air from both sides in that hot, cramped engine bay.nIf its a large TB, the overall airflow could be a noticeable improvement while the temp is relatively cooler by taking air from the fender sides or bottom ducts.

Two throttle bodies seems like an easily avoidable expense, something ford is keen to keep down with s650.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
I'm wondering if it isn't actually just dual inlets combining at one throttle body - not really a huge gain, but allowing for routing that maximizes cool air from both sides in that hot, cramped engine bay.nIf its a large TB, the overall airflow could be a noticeable improvement while the temp is relatively cooler by taking air from the fender sides or bottom ducts.

Two throttle bodies seems like an easily avoidable expense, something ford is keen to keep down with s650.
When I first heard dual intake my thought immediately went back to the earlier leaked image of the rendered GT and what if it is a scoop and not a vent on the hood. The dual intake would then be a typical intake in the engine bay along with a functional hood scoop….
Sponsored