• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Saw this person claim to have knowledge on a Dual air cleaner setup coming to the s650.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang To Get  Dual Air Cleaner Intake Screenshot_20220908-061420_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For security and PR, companies routinely sweep Twitter, FB and other sites for comments related to their business. I realize many of us know this already, but for those that don't, posting comments like the above can sometimes earn one a quick trip to HR to explain themselves and possibly get fired.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
I wonder if he remembers that NDA he signed........
For security and PR, companies routinely sweep Twitter, FB and other sites for comments related to their business. I realize many of us know this already, but for those that don't, posting comments like the above can sometimes earn one a quick trip to HR to explain themselves and possibly get fired.
Yes and with how definitive the wording is, I actually considered this might even be a windup rather than a genuine mistake / small oversight ...

I don't work in the USA, but we were (until quite recently) American owned and the number and frequency of online courses we had to take to remind us about these kind of things was plain stupid (just checked my records and I'm up to 49) and I don't do anything vaguely as interesting as work at or directly for a car manufacturer.

I've even been drawn into internet discussions with people who were 'correct' when I was talking out of my arse, on something I have done and advised people on for 28 years and still not spouted any company sensitive information or even what my job is / who my employer is etc ... lol

WD :like:

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Doubt someone that close is goofy enough to put their government name on the line for internet pointsā€¦but common sense isnā€™t common so if true, heā€™s going to have a lovely convo with suits this morning.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Although I'm skeptical about internet hearsay, this would be a pretty badass setup for the 5.0. We'll see next week. Maybe Ford has decided to invest a good bit of R&D into the 5.0 for this gen. I vaguely remember talk of motorsports factoring heavily in to the 7th gen.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Feels like one of those "my friend's dad works for nintendo and says that goku will be in Smash Bros" kind of things

Reactions: Ace

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Saw this person claim to have knowledge on a Dual air cleaner setup coming to the s650.
Screenshot_20220908-061420_Samsung Internet.jpg
Normally i lol at these sort of rumors but i got a friend who works for roush that said itā€™ll have some form of duel intake. Then last week upper management said the same thing at a plant meeting

so who knows

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
first and foremost this would considerably increase throttle response and top end power
The big issue i see is hood clearance itā€™s well know frpp tried to use e modified cobra jet intake on the gt350 and failed which is why we got the gt350 intake manifold

point being if this end up true we do have a true gen 4 coyote and itā€™ll make some serious steam i DONT see it making more than the gt350 but this could potentially make 500hp and a lot more tq

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, if it IS happening, that's pretty cool!

However, don't get your hopes up that we'll get this confirmed on the 14th, I suspect the hoods will remain firmly shut!

Dammit.....now my glass if half empty šŸ˜›

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Well, if it IS happening, that's pretty cool!

However, don't get your hopes up that we'll get this confirmed on the 14th, I suspect the hoods will remain firmly shut!

Dammit.....now my glass if half empty šŸ˜›
And as far as the comment above about HR, they definitely do get salty about it. When the bronco was leaked they handed out papers basically saying stfu lol. But considering this is a bs rumor and i have absolutely no prove itā€™ll be alright

also 99 percent of the leaks are from outside sources and people coming into outta the plant

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
first and foremost this would considerably increase throttle response and top end power
The big issue i see is hood clearance itā€™s well know frpp tried to use e modified cobra jet intake on the gt350 and failed which is why we got the gt350 intake manifold

point being if this end up true we do have a true gen 4 coyote and itā€™ll make some serious steam i DONT see it making more than the gt350 but this could potentially make 500hp and a lot more tq
I think it's probably true as it's the easiest way to get the coyote closer to 500hp.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I think it's probably true as it's the easiest way to get the coyote closer to 500hp.
Making the 5.0 into a 5.2 or 5.4 would easily do it too.
Sponsored