• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So now that the S650 is using dual air intakes...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I stumbled upon Mach 1 pictures again and made a sudden realization: the two blind circles in the grilles were obviously designed for the dual air intake that we now have on Gen 7. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually intended to use the new dual air intake for the Mach 1 but management decided late-development that they will just reuse Bullitts engine setup so the dual air intake can be exclusive for the Gen 7.

What are your thoughts on that?

S650 Mustang So now that the S650 is using dual air intakes... 1692702103222

S650 Mustang So now that the S650 is using dual air intakes... 1692702212000
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Reminds me of the old dp (double-pumper) days.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Very well could have been intended, but things changed, yes. Many have believed same. My thoughts...

Everyone seemed pretty chummy with that they already had, so to provision the new intake/TBs to the Mach 1, while welcome, was not required.

To give buyers incentive to purchase/upgrade to a new mark, the 7G needed to be different. If an increase in HP or performance didn't happen, people were less inclined to purchase.

US EPA regs have seen a lot of volatility in the last few years alone. The new intake helps preserve or increase HP while meeting regulatory requirements.

Style-wise, some have thought the snorkels (my word) are a throwback to the '69 model year, when Mustangs had two outer and two inner headlights.

Finally, being track-inspired/purposed, the inlets offer the practicality of bettered airflow.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Simply put, doubt it.

Intended design.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If anything I'd bet it was designed as a BOSS and got a name switch (those blanks being like on the 13/14s)
That was around the time everyone was up in arms about the Mach-E naming for that SUV thingy

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Pretty sure those were designed to give the car a retro look, given that is where they've historically put fog lamps