• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hmmm... so what IS the major diff between the S550 and S650?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So is the S650 going to be a totally electrified platform like the SEMA “Lithium” or hybrid fuel/electro?

Must be something really specific and quite unique to the S650 (aside from physical appearances) if an entirely new forum was created .. hint hint...

:clap:
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm hoping to grab one of the last V8's of our time before we go hybrid or full electric. I want to be that cool old guy one day that still has that V8 rumble we all love. I still think we will have good options till about 2030. That's my prediction on a mostly full electric lineup from Ford, GM, and other major auto makers.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping to grab one of the last V8's of our time before we go hybrid or full electric. I want to be that cool old guy one day that still has that V8 rumble we all love. I still think we will have good options till about 2030. That's my prediction on a mostly full electric lineup from Ford, GM, and other major auto makers.
So far it doesn't look all too different from the S550, so I expect the Coyote to continue for a while at least. I will be very tempted to buy the "last of the v8 interceptors" myself.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2019 GT350
Nice!
Who the heck puts only 2500 miles on a 7+yo model?? Darn.
Right what I thought, but glad he did. He took care of it, heated garage never in rain.
I try to take care of mine but I think he does a better job than me.
I normally put about 3000 mi a year on mine, so it will be getting more mi then it's
been use to.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Right what I thought, but glad he did. He took care of it, heated garage never in rain.
I try to take care of mine but I think he does a better job than me.
I normally put about 3000 mi a year on mine, so it will be getting more mi then it's
been use to.
Cool deal! So I take it it's not your daily. :D The previous owner must've ran out of time...
I've put on 17,000 on my Bullitt in 13 months. OOPS.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2019 GT350
Cool deal! So I take it it's not your daily. :D The previous owner must've ran out of time...
No it's not my daily. But glad to see you're enjoying the Bullitt, nice car.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Last I heard the gen for going all electric will not happen until 2028 ish. So we have a few more years. I hear 2 rumors, the S650 is going to be only a minor change from the S550, which is supposed to come out in 2022 or 2023, then the big change comes in 2028. The other rumor is the S550 will remain until the Electrified version. No one seems to have an answer. 2022 is approaching quick, and no spy shots or anything tells me it will have to be 2023 at the earliest.

Of course there is rumors the Mustang will share pieces from the explorer, what that means is beyond me, I own one an Explorer ST and for what it is, it is a fantastic performer. I suspect some of the AWD & other tech will be integrated into the S650 some how, or possibly the hybrid portions. The "ST Line" is not sold in the US, but it has 450 Hp, in AWD, which shares the same power-train as the Lincoln Aviator with the Touring Trim (IIRC).

What is true and what is not is an enigma. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Of course there is rumors the Mustang will share pieces from the explorer, what that means is beyond me.
I believe the specific piece they're referring to is the CD6 platform itself, adjusted/modified to fit the purpose of the Mustang.

Which has a lot of people crying who don't realize just how many great sports cars are out there with the same platform as an SUV.

Also we definitely have the Explorer ST here in the states.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I know there are Explorer ST's in the US, I own one, what most people do not realize there are 2 Explorer ST models. The 400 HP Explorer ST is what everyone is familiar with in the US, has the 3.0TT, however there is an Explorer "ST Line" which is not sold in the US, it is a hybrid with the 3.0TT and has 450 HP, I have seen one in pictures only. Not to be confused with the Hybrid 3.3L (Non Turbo). Unlike the Edge ST Line Which is a stripped Version of the ST, has the base 2.0T Engine instead of the ST which has the 2.7TT (Wife has one of those).

You have to do a search for - "Explorer "ST Line"" In order to find info on it. There is a German video or two on the vehicle.

Last edited:

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I know there are Explorer ST's in the US, I own one, what most people do not realize there are 2 Explorer ST models. The 400 HP Explorer ST is what everyone is familiar with in the US, has the 3.0TT, however there is an Explorer "ST Line" which is not sold in the US, it is a hybrid with the 3.0TT and has 450 HP, I have seen one in pictures only. Not to be confused with the Hybrid 3.3L (Non Turbo). Unlike the Edge ST Line Which is a stripped Version of the ST, has the base 2.0T Engine instead of the ST which has the 2.7TT (Wife has one of those).
Oh wow that's interesting. I've literally never heard of 450hp variant before this.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I figured... :thumbsup: I just learned about it a few weeks ago.

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Nice!
Who the heck puts only 2500 miles on a 7+yo model?? Darn.
Uh... weeelllllll....
(shifts around uncomfortably)

Maybe not only 2,500 miles, but, erm, well, uh, 7,500 miles? On a 2015 GT.

Nope, it's not my daily driver.
Sponsored