• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
When I first heard dual intake my thought immediately went back to the earlier leaked image of the rendered GT and what if it is a scoop and not a vent on the hood. The dual intake would then be a typical intake in the engine bay along with a functional hood scoop….
With the teaser of the car under the cover, you can see a line which would be the hood scoop.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
When I first heard dual intake my thought immediately went back to the earlier leaked image of the rendered GT and what if it is a scoop and not a vent on the hood. The dual intake would then be a typical intake in the engine bay along with a functional hood scoop….
I remember that. Be interesting to see how this pans out. Hopefully, its true.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
You can see the outline of a scoop on the car under the cover, and there is no way that they would make that fake or the only way to get air, especially when pushing 500hp. they would have to make it functional to not have any (or as much) backlash.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Now, I know this rumor stated a "dual air cleaner intake".........but I wonder if this is what they were referring to......the new (aftermarket) Cobra Jet intake

That was my first thought as well, especially because the Ford employee mentions that they switched to dual throttle bodies, rather than a large single throttle body with 2 blades. I'm thinking we may see this intake on a hi-po variant of the 7th gen car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Now, I know this rumor stated a "dual air cleaner intake".........but I wonder if this is what they were referring to......the new (aftermarket) Cobra Jet intake

You beat me to it.

Reminds me of my '01 Bullitt intake, versus the normal GT unit of the day. Twin bore throttle body.