• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs?

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I purchased a set of Steeda springs and the RTR grille for as a couple Christmas presents to myself. I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. I have done brake changes, I've replaced the bumper on my 2013 chrysler 300, but I'm pretty intimidated after watching videos on how to swap out springs on the S550 mustang, and it looks like there's a lot to getting the RTR bumper installed.

Thankfully I have a friend who is a mechanic and he would definitely help me, but when I was purchasing the vehicle the dealership said I'm still covered under warranty if any the work on the car was done by a shop and I have a receipt. But if I did work myself and a part fails that's associated with a part I modified, it may not be covered.

So part of me wants to take just give it to my dealership and have them do everything (assuming they would even do the grille), but I feel like I'd get charged out the ass for it. Is there much of a risk to replacing these parts?
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Depends how valuable your time is, if you make a grand or a couple grand a day… go ahead and pay a shop.

if you only make a few hundred a day, it would really pay to do it yourself.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
probably worth having a shop do it, mainly because of the springs for the struts. a good shop will have a tool to compress the spring and techs that know how to deal with it so they don't get hurt. you warranty will be fine unless something happens as a direct result of the modifications. if, for example, your starter fuse keeps blowing, that fuse tap for the grill lights has no affect on that fuse, so it would be warranty

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
… I have done brake changes, …

under warranty if any the work on the car … and a part fails that's associated with a part I modified, it may not be covered.

..Is there much of a risk to replacing these parts?
It’s my understanding shops and tech matter, some are ‘certified/recognized’ and some are not. Basically it boils down to who did what and where did it come from. If you supplied the part then it’s on you or your supplier. If they supplied the part it’s on them and should be covered by the existing warranty.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I purchased a set of Steeda springs and the RTR grille for as a couple Christmas presents to myself. I'm not particularly mechanically inclined. I have done brake changes, I've replaced the bumper on my 2013 chrysler 300, but I'm pretty intimidated after watching videos on how to swap out springs on the S550 mustang, and it looks like there's a lot to getting the RTR bumper installed.
If you don't have a lift it isn't very fun to do the suspension and it takes time even with one. Shop times for this will probably be 3-5 hours. Whatever shop you do chose get the labor rate. You could be close to 1000 CAD in just replacement and not even the alignment. Doing the grilles is fairly easy just be tedious and take your time and it won't kill your bumper-to-bumper just taking it off. I can understand wanting to cover your ass though.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
The grille lights have to be tapped into the fuse box ..so I would assume if you have any electrical issues in the future related to that fuse box ..Ford can blame the grill lights and deny any warranty claim
IMG_0809.jpeg
This scares me, and not really a fan of modifying the electric components.
Is there a viable alternative that doesn't tap into the fuse box?
@RTR Vehicles

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
This scares me, and not really a fan of modifying the electric components.
Is there a viable alternative that doesn't tap into the fuse box?
@RTR Vehicles
Just replacing a fuse this actually isn’t too crazy. Way better than others seen across the market for a lot of cars.

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
You can do it yourself I’m not mechanically good at stuff but I did it myself I took my time I finished the front the first weekend and I finished the back the second weekend I don’t have all the tools but you can always rent one at your local auto parts stores I actually use two sets of spring compressor one from O’Reilly and one from AutoZone I have two 2 ton floor, jack barrow for my neighbor I have impact wrench, borrow from the other Neighbor. I have 4 floor jack stand borrowed from my brother-in-law, I find it rewarding doing it myself.. there’s tons of YouTube videos out there and of course a forum like this you can always ask and we’re here to help

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7174

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7177

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7170

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7164

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7165

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7163

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7160

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7144

S650 Mustang Would I be stupid to pay a shop to install RTR grille and Steeda Springs? IMG_7143

Reactions: Zig

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Nice job. Super good choice on the Steeda springs. I did all that on my 2011 with Bilsteins and other suspension Steeda parts. So far my MY24 will be stock with the PP. I couldn't part with the 2011 as it is much too good of a car with all the work that went into it. Handles like it was on rails.
Sponsored